Forty Nine

Haibara takes a glance at the clock. It's already 11.30 at the night. Guess she will leave now since everybody already sleeps at this hour. Haibara takes the small box that contains the antidote and put it in a bag. She writes 'Edogawa Conan' on it. She takes her bag and her belongings.

She already got an apartment when she used the temporary antidote before. It was a hard time to search for one, but somehow she manages to find it. She decides to take the antidote as soon as she arrives there.

Haibara walks out of the room. She already calls for the cab and waits for it. Hakase on the other hand accompany her as they wait for the cab. They don't have any conversation as only silence fills the air. Hakase surely wants to stop her, but he knows it's her choice and he can't stop her. He already accepts that she will leave them tonight. He only prays for her safety and her wellbeing.

As they can see a car slowly appears in their sight, Haibara gets ready. There is no one on the road. It's a quiet night. As the car stops right in front of her, she looks at Hakase once again before she enters. Surely, she's hurting. She feels sad to leave the place. She already made a lot of great memories with them.

"Hakase, thank you for your kindness for taking me in, for taking care of me, for everything. As you know, I can't live here and I don't even belong here. I hope you can keep our secret as a last wish from me. Goodbye Hakase, and please be aware of what you eat every day" she said. She gives him a sincere smile before she enters the cab. She doesn't even know if she ever meets this old man again.

She enters the cab and closes the door. Hakase looks at her with sorrow in his eyes. Slowly, the cab starts to move away from the place. Officially, she leaves the place and the bond between them break just like that. She holds her tears from flowing out. She calms herself as she takes a deep breath. It's for their own good.

She values all of their moment together. She also doesn't even thank the detective boys properly. She hopes the gift that she gives them will do. She admits that she hates doing this. But she has no other choice but to go away. She doesn't know what the future will hold her, if she going to live normally or even she'll get killed, she's ready for that. It's her choice and she did think about every possibility.

It's the only way to save their lives. Haibara shifts her mouth into a small smile. She wonders how Kudo and Akai will learn about this. She doesn't know if Hakase will keep the secrets well but she'll feel grateful if he does keep it.

The cab ride takes around 30 minutes and she arrives at the new place that she will live. She pays for the fee and she exits the cab. She walks to the new apartment and she unlocks the door. She takes a deep breath. So, she'll live by her own start today. She put her belongings beside and she walk to the bathroom.

She takes the antidote as she stares at it. She will be back as Miyano Shiho, her original self and identity. She remembers how painful it is to grow back. It will be her last time to experience it. She takes a deep breath and she swallows the antidote. Slowly, her body feels the heat and she feels her body grow. The pain slowly taking over her body. She holds herself from screaming and she manages to do it.

She pants in the bathroom. She slowly stands up and stares her own face at the mirror, totally naked. She's back as Miyano Shiho. She stares deeply at the mirror. Everything can happen from now on. The organization will quickly recognize her if she walks out without a cover her face and without a disguise. Whatever the circumstances are, she'll live in danger. She feels happy as she doesn't put anyone in danger anymore.

If she dies, then she dies. She can't run from her fate anymore. She will face it.

She walks out of the bathroom and wears her clothes. She walks to the bedroom and tidies up a little bit before she sleeps. Now, no one can bother her anymore. She already changed her number and buy for a new phone since she knows, her phone already gets hacked by a certain someone.

After she finished, she lies down on her bed. She leaves the window open to let the breeze enter her room. She stares at the dark sky. She wonders what will happen next. Surely, the organization will haunt her down. She doesn't care about that anymore as long as she doesn't put anyone life on the line again.

When Kudo knows about it, surely he will freak out and he will force Hakase to spill everything about her. Kudo will even find her everywhere. She can imagine how worried Kudo be if he realizes she's not there anymore. As for Hakase, he's the only one that she willingly contacts if something happens. She also tells Hakase to text her about the situation there.

The kids, surely they will cry. They will call for her non-stop. She doesn't know what to do about the kids. She will never tell her real identity to them as it will only bring danger. As long as she knows they are doing well then she's happy. She's unsure if she ever wants to meet them anymore. She wants to avoid them the most. They're still kids, they have a bright future more than her- which is already spoiled. She wished them the best.

She closes her eyes as she forces herself to sleep yet she failed. She can't sleep well after she left the place. She indeed feels sorrowful. Instead of crying all over the night like a little kid, she recalls every single great moment with them.

It makes her heart feels calm and it helps her mind to clear. The night breeze entering her room make it more comfortable. Without her realization, she slowly drifts off to sleep.

••••••••••