Five

Haibara opens her eyes as she slowly moves her body from lying to sitting on her bed. It was her dream again- not some weird dream. It was a dream about her pasts. Unlike yesterday, the clock right now showing that it's almost 5. Can't she enjoy her sleeping time like a normal person?

Just the same as yesterday, there is only one question that crossed her mind.

Why?

She shakes her head and gets off her bed. She finds her way to the kitchen and grabs herself a glass of water. She sits down at the counter and stares at her glass. She keeps wondering why this happened. Why do her dreams and pasts keep haunting her? Why it is all about Gin? She tries to clear her mind as she drinks the water.

All of the emotions from her dreams are slowly present in the current time. She holds the glass tight. She tried to hold herself from letting certain feelings enter her heart. She knows that she needs to fight it. Another hand of her clenched into a fist and slowly find its way to her chest.

Why?

She questioned herself again. As she keeps fighting, she feels hurt. She doesn't know how and why these feelings exist. She finished her drink and shake her head. She needs to be strong. She gets off the chair and washes the glass.

Like yesterday, instead of making her way to sleep, she walks to the lab and continue her work. Right now she doesn't want to think of anything instead of finishing the antidote. She hopes that this way will help her to forget about her pasts. She turns on her computer and starts clicking her keyboard. She hopes that the antidote can be completed in the shortest time.

She type on the keyboard as she slowly lost track of time. She focused on the computer completely. Sometimes, she did stop for a while and make herself a cup of coffee. Then, she will continue her work. This actually helps her a lot from letting her mind think about her pasts. Until a certain time, she actually falls asleep as her head resting on the table.

She slowly opens her eyes as she hears the noises- she knows exactly who's there. She stretches her body and leans on the chair. She takes a deep breath and gets off the chair.

She walks to the living room and greets the children.

"Ai chan! good morning. You look a bit better than yesterday" said Ayumi.

"Good morning Haibara san. How was your knee? Is it healing?" asked Mitsuhiko.

"Haibara san, you have a nice sleep right?" asked Genta.

"Good morning minna, yes, I have had a nice sleep and my knee is healing. It is all thanks to you" Haibara said as she smile at them.

"It is good to hear that!" said Ayumi with joy. She is sure that the kids are here just to continue playing the game that Hakase made. Like yesterday, they will watch the cartoon together. As soon as the shows finish, they hear someone stomach grumbling. All of them stare at one person.

"Hehehe, I am hungry" said Genta as he chuckle.

"Shall we cook something together?" asked the shrunken girl to the kids.

"Ah, what are we going to cook Ai chan?" said Ayumi with her excited tone.

"Curry will do. We love curry so much" said Mitsuhiko.

"Agree" said Genta.

"So curry it is" said Haibara as she walk to the kitchen to prepare some things. She grabs some ingredients from the fridge and then she finds for curry cube. She tries to find it but she can't.

"I think we out of curry cubes" said Haibara to the kids.

"We can go to the convenience store and buy it for you Haibara san" said Mituhiko. Haibara glare at him. The last time when she tell them to buy her something didn't end well. They ended up bought toys with them. They didn't even buy the right thing even she provided a note for them. She doesn't put her trust in them to do the grocery just yet.

"It is fine. I will go buy it. If you want to keep me company, let's go" Haibara said as she find her purse and get ready to go to the convenience store. End up all of them keep her company since the kids can't be apart when they're together. The convenience store is not that far from the house. It takes around 10 minutes to go there.

When they arrived there Haibara takes the basket and walk to a certain sector. She starts to find the curry cubes. After she grabs that important thing, she walks to another section and buys some ingredients. It's been a while since she do the grocery. As she finished, she find for the kids. They are out of her sight. She thinks she knows where they are.

She walks to the toys section and it is true. She found them there staring at a toy. It is Kamen Yaiba toys. Haibara shakes her head and releases a sigh.

"Take one thing that you want. Take it now or I change my mind" Haibara said to the kids. The kids quickly take a toy and put it in the basket with a big smile on their faces. The kids thanked her. Then, they walk to the counter and pay for their things. It doesn't cost so much and the shrunken woman didn't mind treating them sometimes.

"Thank you again Haibara san! I've been wanting these toys a long time ago" said Mitsuhiko.

"Same with me Ai chan! Thank you" said Ayumi.

"Haibara san, thank you for treating us" said Genta.

"Just consider this as thank you for yesterday okay? Now let's go home and cook together you can call Edogawa kun and Ran san to eat with us too" said Haibara as they walk out from the convenience store.

Somehow, Haibara suddenly doesn't feel right at that time. Something bothers her as she continues to walk to go back to Hakase's.

••••••••••