5 1 | J U L I E T

"I want ice cream!" Sloane ordered Colin just as I was ready to leave.

"Great. I'm in the mood for some ice cream myself." I said.

"You can't come with us," she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sloane! How many times do I have to tell you to not be rude to her?" Colin rebuked but she didn't drop her angry glare.

She really had no intention of warming up to me. I hadn't even done anything remotely wrong. I thought we'd get along fine after our somewhat decent talk the first time we met but apparently that didn't happen. My sweet, sweet niece Rebecca was far better than her, the only kid I liked and most importantly she had manners. I missed that little goofball and everyone back home.

"Don't worry, Colin. I'm going to be as rude as her and still come with you guys. Plus, I'm going to pay for our ice cream but not hers and just so you know, you can have as many ice creams as you want and poor Sloane here will have no choice but to watch us as we eat her favourite thing in front of her face," I smirked at her furious face.

"You will get me as many ice creams as I want too, won't you?" She asked him, looking every bit like a puppy which almost melted my heart as well.

"Pumpkin, no I can't do that. All of that cold and sweet stuff isn't good for you. You will only get one ice cream and if it makes you feel better I will get only one for myself as well." Then he turned to me. "Hey, thanks but you don't have to pay. My treat."

"If you're up for paying for five ice creams for me alone, then sure," I said, enjoying his sister's siur expression way too much.

"Five? Will you seriously be able to eat all that?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Of course, I'm starving."

He smiled sheepishly. "I don't have much money on me right now but I think it should get you three out of your five ice creams so do you think I can buy the remaining two some other day?"

"Hey," I smiled, hitting the back of my hand on his chest. "I was kidding. I will buy my own ice creams, don't worry. Besides I want all five right now. It can't wait."

"You sure?"

"Of course. How else will I get to make her jealous and regret talking to me like that? I think it's the perfect punishment," I said, pointing at the little girl who was currently pushing her feet into her tiny shoes.

"Yeah, for her and for me too," he said.

"That's what you get for not being strict with her. All she has to do is look at you like a puppy and then you're basically her little bitch," I said as Colin scrambled to cover her ears, unaware that his little baby sister had already learned words worse than that from Cason's brother.

"Not in front of her!" He said, stil not removing his hands from her ears.

"Oh come on, she's bound to know it some day."

"I'd like it if that day wouldn't come any time soon."

"Alright, fine. Let's just go get our ice creams."

Colin knew an ice cream parlor nearby, said it was a twenty minute walk from his place and so we set off towards it. Sloane skipped a few steps ahead of us at all times and grated on my nerves everytime she told us to hurry up.

Ten minutes of walking later, we neared a house and standing in front of it was Aurelio Del Rosario, Colin's friend whom I met at the party.

"I've been waiting here for fifteen minutes and normally it takes less than ten minutes for you to get here. You walk so slow," he complained, then looked over at me. "Not you, not you," he said, probably still remembering how I was offended when he said that I scared him at the party.