8 5 | J U L I E T

News about Boonsri dating the least likely guy to end up with her spread like fire.

Majority of the guys couldn't stop throwing Colin murderous looks during lunch. I actually began to worry if he was in danger.

Meanwhile, the girl responsible for this paraded around hanging from his arm, kissing, hugging and touching him with utter disregard to his safety. I doubted she even noticed the glares shooting holes through him from various boys and girls.

It was fucking annoying. I didn't care what they did as long as it didn't happen in my eyesight but that was exactly what that girl made sure to do. By then Nia, Boonsri and Pari had made themselves permanent occupants at our table. Now that one of the girls in their group was dating someone from our group, they felt like they had some sort of say in our plans.

Frida and Eli were reminiscing about their time at his dad's beach house when they were kids. Boonsri having overheard them, suggested for everyone to go there for the weekend - somewhere she invited herself.

Then suddenly the whole table was talking about all that they were going to do there. Nia and the two started deciding on how to get there. Nia suggested that she could ask her dad for a yacht.

Eli didn't have a choice when his say didn't matter to them over whether it was okay to occupy his beach house for the weekend.

His eyes widened at the mention of a yacht. "There's no need for that. My cousin owns one and often ferries people between islands. I'll ask him. He'll drop us there and will come back to get us whenever we want."

"Perfect." Nia nodded in approval. "It's settled then. We'll meet up on Saturday morning."

Much to my annoyance, Frida, Aurelio and the others seemed excited for the trip. None even seemed to notice just how these three had wormed their way into us.

"-my little sister," Colin's words caught my attention. He was talking to Boonsri.

She scooped some food in a spoon and fed him. He was surprised, turned red before eating.

"Sloane, right?" Boonsri was asking him. "If your mom is okay with it, she can come with us. She can't take her to her workplace?"

He frantically shook his head.

"Then she'll just have to come with us. I'll pick you up on Saturday and we can ask her together."

"No!" Colin's outburst wasn't going to be loud but it just so happened that the whole table fell silent at that very moment. He had just meant to talk over the noise so she could hear him but it came out on a shout.

Boonsri blinked in surprise.

"I-I mean there's no need. I'll take care of it. Sloane and I, we'll both be there."

"Okay." Boonsri chuckled. "I'll meet your mom when you're comfortable enough for that." She pinched his cheeks. "You don't have to look so horrified. It's really too soon for that, I guess. We've only started dating for a couple of days now." She beamed at him and squeezed his hand in reassurance.

I wanted to throw the fact in her face that I had met his mom, knew his secret and insecurities and he wasn't even my boyfriend but that would lead to a lot of questions and I didn't want to deal with that.

Things returned to normal after that. I caught Colin's eyes and for some reason he gave me a grateful look - as if he had expected me to tell them about his mom, which was insulting because I had told him I wouldn't do that and he should've believed me.

I got that he was afraid of being judged by his new girlfriend and was ashamed of his mom's job but if he was that scared of her finding out then he should've just kept her at a distance. But no, that guy had to go and fall into her trap. He was nothing but a stone she was stepping on to get to me. And it was like he welcomed it. Absolutely fucking stupid.