2 3 | J U L I E T

I stared disbelievingly at a smug Maira with her red broken nose turned up at me as Principal Kellan Whittaker explained to me why I was there.

"Ms. Ibrahim here has accused you of causing her physical injury. She claims she was just talking to you and you suddenly got violent. Is that right, Ms. Sanders?"

"She was going to hit me first. Whatever I did was self defense." I said calmly.

"She says she was just teasing you and you took her way too seriously." The principal said.

"If I hadn't taken it seriously, I think I would've been the one with a broken nose."

"But you're not, okay? I am. So deal with the consequences." She said directly to me. Behind her, Murat put a hand on her shoulder and smirked at me.

"Ms. Ibrahim, please be polite. Now I'm not going to believe either of whatever you two say blindly. So let's see what really happened. When did this take place?"

Maira rolled her eyes when he wasn't looking.

"During lunch, in the hallway in front of Art class." I answered.

The principal browsed through the videos until he reached the correct time and played. We waited for him to finish.

"Ms. Sanders, you indeed harmed her way more than what she looked capable of. I do not like how Murat here came up from behind and grabbed you. Are you three friends?"

"No." I said.

"If so why did you approach her?" His question was directed to Murat and Maira.

"Mr. Whittaker. I am the one who was hit by her and you're questioning us? She deserves to be punished. I was just messing with her. Clearly she can't get a joke." Maira said haughtily.

"Dont twist this. She tripped you, didn't hit you. This could've been avoided had you not approached your classmate. I can see in the video that she pushed away Murat and yet Maira, you still came to her. If you don't get along well with each other, I suggest you do not cross paths. As they say, ignorance is bliss. So if you're still adamant on me punishing someone then I'm giving you two choices. Either you all three go to detention together or not."

Maira muttered something under her breath which I didn't catch and the principal didn't realize because he continued. "We take such actions seriously. We will not tolerate bullying so before you come to us with a complaint, I suggest you first review your own actions and see if you were at fault in any way. Of course, I'm not saying what Julia did was the right thing but I don't see her at fault here. It was you two who started things."

I was tempted to tell them all that they did to poor kids at back of the school building but I didn't have proof to back that up. I was sure Maira would make this big and tell him that I was falsely accusing her. I also knew this principal wasn't going to believe a word of anyone who doesn't have something solid proving it.

After a few more warnings, the two left and he turned to me.

"Julia, I don't believe this is your fault. You've always been quiet and a recluse. If you have anything to tell me, you can."

"It would be nice if there's a CCTV installed somewhere around the back of the building." I said and left without further explanation.

Everyone had left by the time I reached the school parking lot. I knew the five weren't going to let this go easily but I knew they wouldn't dare do anything on school grounds, even in the back so I revved the bike's engine loud and took off from the school gate.

Sure enough the five of them with their own bikes were waiting for me in the distance. This road was deserted and not a lot of people passed through it but I used it because it was a shortcut.

Murat stood at the centre and their bikes kind of created a barrier so that I I wouldn't get through but I charged ahead without slowing down. He was expecting me to stop but instead I did the opposite. When I was a few seconds away from him, his face changed to horror and he jumped out of the way at the last second.

I had to admit it was risky and dangerous. If he hadn't leapt out of my way he would've been gravely injured, dead probably but I would've justified it by blaming him for his own death but going to prison for killing him off definitely didn't sound worth it.

I heard several engines growl to life and I saw Maira jumping on her bike.

"Follow that little bitch!" Murat yelled at the others and soon they were in hot pursuit of me.

I zoomed through alley after alley in the hope of losing them but they were persistently behind me. I risked a glance behind and all four were trailing me. Kaan was nowhere to be seen.

Once I took one too many confusing turns for them, I came across two narrow alleys both which didn't look promising. Suddenly I heard someone's bike stop short behind me. I whipped my head behind to look at the person but he had his helmet on his head. He lifted the visor up.

"Quick, that way. I'll tell them you went the other way." Kaan said, pointing to the left.

I nodded and took off in that direction. Shortly I heard the other's come up to him but I heard him lead them in the direction be promised he would.

I didn't stop until I was sure I had really lost them. Kaan would've led them far away. He was definitely going to be a lot useful to me.

I took off my helmet and took deep breaths. These five, well four really, were really a big problem and I had to deal with them soon. I knew they would'nt stop until I do something.

I leaned forward to catch my breath and calm down from the adrenaline. I didn't want to think about what would've happened had I been caught. I couldn't deny that the four together would be dangerous for me. I had to be extra careful to not be alone anywhere in school or outside.

"Julia?"

I hated to admit how the unexpected quiet voice that called out in the silence almost made my heart jump out of my ribcage.

I looked up to see a familiar boy at the back door of some restaurant looking at me quizzically. I knew he was Julia's crush but I just couldn't recall his name.

"Hi, uh...hello." I said, straightening up and getting off my bike.

"Are you okay?" He asked, wiping his hands on his apron.

"Yes, thanks...", I said sheepishly. Since when was I awkward and apologetic about not remembering some guy's name?

"I'm Colin, your classmate." He said, noticing my predicament.

"Right, I'm Julia." I wiped some sweat off my forehead as I regarded him.

"I know that." He said meekly. "Do you need some water? You look tired."

"That'd be great, thanks."

"Come, sit inside until you calm down."

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!