4 5 | J U L I E T

Since Abeo's threat, Maira and her possé had surprisingly kept their distance. Seemed like he had a strong influence in this school. Frida and Eli filled me in on all about Abeo.

Apart from the fact that he was one hell of a striker on the school soccer team and that he was incredibly good looking with a great body, his father also was a very respected and prominent businessman. He had the money and the looks. The only thing he lacked were the brains. He wasn't very gifted academically but he didnt really care about that unless he wasn't failing. His prime focus was only soccer and his aim was to make it to the national team.

I had yet to witness his true capability in the game but I would soon get to know that in the inter school competitions coming up in a couple of months.

Knowing that the had an intense history with Boonsri and was close to the other two, I figured he wasn't just an annoying person and that he could actually be of some use so after insisting I spend some time with him, I finally took some pity on him and agreed to spare him some of my precious time for a coffee which he apparently mistook for a date seeing as he turned up looking like he had spent a lot of time on his hair and skin because he was positively glowing and his hair might possibly be the softest I'd ever seen on someone.

"So," I began once we got our coffees and are seated in a booth in a quaint coffee shop, a little amused when he continued watching me with his elbows on the table and his face in his hands. "You're looking really good today," I said honestly because I knew when to appreciate beauty according to my standards when I see it.

He looked surprised and let out a chuckle. "Now I feel like a douche for not complimenting you when I saw you because damn, you're fucking beautiful."

I shrugged, bringing the cup to my nose and inhaling its heavenly scent. "I don't need you to confirm what I already know."

This further seemed to amuse him. "I've not really came across cocky women before."

"I'm not being cocky," I argued. "I was just being honest and it's completely fine if some people don't agree with me."

"The only one to doubt that would be people who are jealous of you," he said and I nodded.

"That's true. So Abeo, tell me why after a one night stand, you feel the need to stick around me. I mean I totally understand that I have an attractive presence but I already told you I have nothing to do with you so why do you still insist on not giving a fuck about your pride and still continue to annoy me with your presence?" I asked, taking a sip of my scalding coffee.

"Ouch," he said blankly after drinking from his own cup. "Is that any way to treat your knight in shining armour who rescued you from those two who were ganging up on you like that?"

"Is that what you think you did? I was handling it just fine and your intervention was honestly unnecessary. I don't need you scaring them off, Abeo. If anything, you just ruined my delightful plans for Maira, plans that she rightly had coming at her for a while now."

"I'd at least like to think that I saved you from detention if that girl had decided to go to the principal with that."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Maybe I'm looking for more."

"Maybe I'm not interested," I fired back.

"Maybe I don't give up too easily."

"Maybe I'm hard to please."

"You weren't all that hard to please that night we spent together." A knowing smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as his eyes raked over my body. "In fact, I remember pleasing you a lot of times on that night alone."