2 1 | J U L I E T

I was going to be honest with myself. I was probably not smarter than Boonsri. But the advantage I had over her was that I'd learned this before. Although it was well over two years ago, I was sure I could still perform better than the rest of the class. Flitting through the pages quickly to go over the syllabus, I felt confident enough.

The teacher gave out the papers and I spared a glance at Boonsri who looked focused and uncaring about her surroundings. She was a proud girl. I had no problems with that. I was proud of myself too for being an all rounder in my school, a little too proud according to some people.

It was actually a simple test. I guess the difficulty level varied according to schools. I went to an elite school where the bar was set pretty high. But this was no elite school which made me smirk satisfactorily because that meant that there was more than fifty percent chance of me scoring the highest. Julia was going to owe me her whole career.

With a wide smile on my face, I walked out of the class after the test with Eli trailing behind me. His face was a opposite of mine.

"So it was bad?" I asked, looking at his crestfallen expression.

He shrugged. "Not the first time."

I looped my arm around his neck and pulled him to my side, surprising him because he stumbled towards me. "Cheer up! Once I start tutoring you and Frida, you'll be the second and third best in class that is if you succeed at beating Boonsri."

"Yeah like that's ever gonna happen."

I stopped short which made him choke over my grip on his neck as he walked forward. "Hey, I don't like people who keep that attitude so you better change that. If I'm going to help you, I need to know that you want to help yourself first."

"I'll try."

"You better. What do you have next?" I let go of him.

"English. You?"

"Art."

"Good luck. You share it with Nia."

"Lovely," I grumbled.

A few people were already settled in their seats and I chose a random one in the front.

Nia walked in a few minutes later and her eyes narrowed at me. She stomped towards me.

"Seriously? You steal every seat that is mine. I really don't want you sitting here. Get lost."

"Not this again. I didn't know this thing belonged to you. I don't care, I'm not getting up."

The teacher, Sawyer Branson walked in precisely at that moment. He was young and according to my standards could be considered handsome.

He saw Nia glaring daggers at me. "Is there a problem, Nia?"

Nia's expression practically took a 180 and I swear I saw heart eyes. "No, Mr. Branson. I was just catching up with Julia. I haven't seen her in days."

"That's true. Where were you all this time?" He asked, turning to me.

"I was just a little...sick." I lied.

"Well, you look a lot better now. Alright everyone, please take your seats. Nia, take a seat."

Nia gave him a wide smile and complied as she walked off and sat somewhere behind without fighting me for her stupid seat.

Halfway through the class he surveyed our canvas and stopped in front of me.

"Holy. Wow, Julia. You've certainly improved." Mr. Branson said. He seemed genuinely happy.