2 9 | J U L I E T

"Your reason would've been believable had you not come after the three of us so openly. One of us would've been fine but all three of us doesn't look like a coincidence." Boonsri glowered at me.

"Then that's your problem." I said dismissively.

"It's not that we have a problem with competition but it becomes a problem when a person does that just to get to us. If you say that wasn't the reason, then we believe you. I've realized I had been childish in our previous encounter about the lunch table. Anyway, we aren't looking to pick a fight with you." Nia smiled slightly. "Actually, I'm throwing a party on Wednesday and I'm inviting you. I hope you'll be there."

I surveyed her to see if she was up to something. "Can they tag along?" I asked, gesturing to Eli and Frida who widened their eyes in response.

"Sure. You're free to invite your friends." She said, not even glancing at them.

"Then count us in." I had no reason not to go. Plus, I loved parties and it had been so long since I'd been to one. And going to parties was an important step to establishing Julia's new personality.

"Let's go," Nia said to the two who didn't look too happy about her invitation to us but they didn't voice it in front of us.

After they left, Frida let out a breath she had been holding. "Why was Nia nice to us? I don't trust her. And why did you say I'm going to the party?"

"Because you are?" I stated questionably.

"Yes, we are going to our first party!" Eli said excitedly, more like the reaction I was looking for.

"We three are going to the party and I'm not taking no for an answer. Frida, we're going shopping after our sessions today."

"I really wish you'd stop dragging me into things with these people," she grumbled.

"That's not going to happen anytime soon. Come on, you're crucial to my plan here to make Julia's life better in school."

"Alright, I'll do it for Julia." She conceded.

After school, Eli led us to his house. Surprisingly we didn't see the five devils although we did catch their glimpses during lunch. I wasn't complaining. If possible, I'd love to not see them ever again.

Eli lived with his dad and grandmother. His mother had unfortunately passed away three years ago due to a heart attack. He also had a dog and I wasn't very fond of dogs so I was annoyed when Charlie, his pomeranian just wouldn't stop circling my leg and refused to leave me alone.

After a few greetings and small talk with his grandmother, we descended into his basement.

"What the hell, Eli." I said when I saw the state of the basement. I was expecting a nice one where we can get to out activities right away. I didn't expect one with cobwebs at every corner imaginable, dust coating every surface, junk furniture lying around and an awful smell throughout as if something died in there. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out that the basement is haunted if I dig out the house's history and came up with a tragic horror story.

"Sorry," Eli grinned sheepishly. "I didn't want to clean by myself. I could use your help."

"You tricked us," Frida whacked him on the top of his head. "You said we can use your basement now."

"Yeah, right away after we clean it up."

We groaned together.

"Let's just get this over with. I don't want to waste this day. We'll at least manage to squeeze in some basic self defense techniques," I said.

We each gathered a broom and started sweeping after which we mopped the floor. Eli thought it would be funny to pluck the spiders out of their webs and throw at us. I had never heard Frida scream bloody murder like when she did then. We almost went deaf and his dad came to check up on us.

Eli didn't stop with the spiders even after getting scolded by his dad, well until I found a small gecko and shoved it down his shirt. Frida and I burst out laughing until we had tears in our eyes as we watched the tables turn and Eli running around everywhere while clawing his shirt off of himself.

After that we got more serious about cleaning and managed to do the rest without any mischief. I helped Eli with the furniture as he had difficulty moving them around and I was strong so that was done quickly.

We took forty-five minutes to clean everything up and I couldn't say that I had not enjoyed cleaning with them. Frida and Eli were fun to spend time with. I was glad Julia at least had such two wonderful friends.

"Oh God, I'm so tired. I'm done for the day!" Eli collapsed on the ground.

Frida also sat next to him. "Me too."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. "That was your limit?"

"What more do you want from us?" Eli wailed. "This is already more than the average distance I move in a week."

"Can we a least do something light? A few exercises maybe if you're not up for your first lessons?" I asked hopelessly.

Eli and Frida shook their heads in sync. "Not today."

"You need to build your strength. I mean what the hell, are you seventy year olds? You just cleaned this place up and you're already tired."

"Please, let's start from tomorrow. No, tomorrow's the party. You two will need hours to get ready so we'll start on Thursday." Eli pleaded.

Seeing that they had no intention if moving for a long time, I chuckled and gave in. "Alright fine but we're on from Thursday. No excuses."

"Yeah, okay."

We just relaxed in the living room after that and when it was time for Frida and I to go shopping, Eli asked if he could accompany us to which we declined. He was probably the first guy who willingly wanted to go shopping with girls.

Frida and I went to a nearby mall. My choice of shopping wouldn't be some local mall but I didn't have the money right now to spend on something expensive. The Sanders wouldn't only just get a hole in their pocket if I started that, but I'd probably make a black hole in their back account as well and I didn't feel like being that mean to them. At least not for now.

I forced Frida into a pretty dress she had been eyeing every once in a while but was too shy to wear because it was more revealing than she was used to but after a pep talk from me she finally felt confident enough to put it on and even buy it.

I too purchased a very beautiful dress. I looked very hot in it. I realized even clothes which weren't of some really expensive brand were really good. My dress had a few sexy cuts in the right place and I didn't have a problem with showing a lot of skin which the dress did just that.

When I walked out of the trial rooms, Frida's mouth dropped open and she showered me with a lot of compliments which really put me in a good mood.

We had a really good time shopping together and Frida confided in me about how she never got to do this with Julia and that she was very happy that she had at least this one chance.

"Don't worry, we'll attend a lot of parties after this one," I promised her. Because after all it looked like I was going to stay here for quite some time.

 Because after all it looked like I was going to stay here for quite some time

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!