8 9 | J U L I E T

"This is the yacht?" Nia asked, eyeing it in disgust.

Eli's smile dimmed and he looked a little embarrassed. "It'll be cheap. My cousin will give us a discount."

"I'd rather spend two times the money for a nice one than get on that," Pari muttered to Nia, not bothering to keep her volume in check.

I agreed with her sentiment. That thing was ugly and looked filthy as fuck. I could smell the scent of dead fish from where I stood on the port with the others and there was a slightly damp unpleasant odor emanating from it. I didn't want to get on it either but I wasn't being a dick about it.

"Should I arrange for a bigger and better one than whatever that is?" Abeo asked.

"I think it's nice," Frida's small voice didn't draw much attention expect for Aurelio who nodded his agreement and I who happened to hear her.

Eli heard Pari, though and started to apologize. "S-sorry, I thought it would be okay for everyone-"

I clapped twice and everyone turned to look at me. "It's settled then. You three and Abeo can stay here if you don't want to get on that." Then I turned to my real group of friends. "We're going to have so much fun."

Aurelio, Frida and Colin didn't have any problem with that.

"Colin, you're going with them?" Boonsri asked.

Colin looked between Eli and her, looking conflicted about whom to go with. Then he looked at me and all doubt fled from his features. He nodded. "Yes."

My lips twitched and it was all I could do to hide the smile which threatened to spill out.

"Okay, fine. I guess it's not that bad," she sulked and entwined her fingers with his.

Pari groaned and Nia and her shared a look. "Then we're going with you."

I did nothing to mask my unhappiness with that. I distracted myself with the only other person who had a problem with the boat. "Which leaves Abeo to go home or get there alone in his very fancy boat."

He looked annoyed. "You know I'll go wherever you go," he said and I cringed. It reminded me of just how clingy he'd gotten lately. I didn't know about Colin but Abeo had certainly made himself my bitch.

I ignored him and looked out to the road. Beside me Boonsri took Colin's face in her hands and began to make out with him, her lame attempt to make Abeo jealous which she definitely was when he declared he'd go wherever I went.

I sneered, walking away from them, my eyes going to the road every now and then.

"Sloane is here, too," he reminded her as he pulled away. "Not in front of her."

I wanted to add that they shouldn't do that in front of me either.

I looked for Sloane and found that was distracted by Aurelio who was throwing her into the air and catching her like she was a baby, her giggles punctuating the silence every now and then.

A man approached us and went straight to Eli, slapping him on his back. "These your friends I have to take to the beach house?" He asked, looking over at all of us.

"Yes," Eli grinned in the way one does when they see their favourite cousin in a family get together. "Guys, this is my cousin, Norman. He's in college. Norman, these are my friends. She's Frida," he said gesturing to her. "This is Colin, this is Boonsri-"

"And this is a waste of my time. I won't remember anyone's names anyway. Just get in everyone."

"Not right now," I said.