4 8 | J U L I A

It felt like a great morning the next day when I opened my eyes until I remembered last night, everything except the time with Braxton. My small smile instantly turned down as I dreaded what today meant. There was little to no chance that Ajax wouldn't get signed up. His performance impressed them a lot last night.

Sure enough not failing to prove me wrong, Ajax burst through the front door sometime in the afternoon with a huge grin on his face. "I got it! They are launching me as a solo artist!" He hollered all the way to Braxton who looked painfully happy for his best friend, unaware that his joy for his friend was breaking my heart.

"That's great! You were really great last night. I didn't know you were this good!" He rejoiced. They hugged giddily and Braxton patted him on the back. "I'm so happy for you. Finally you got your big break."

I sat silently in the kitchen, helping the cook with whatever he might need me in.

The other three from the band were present, having wanted to spend time together.

"Come on, you guys! He got it. What the hell is with your dull reactions?!" Braxton asked, apparently not picking on them not exactly feeling jovial for Ajax simply because they couldn't care less about him, much like me.

"Congratulations," Park Geun said formally but everyone knew he didn't really mean it from the bottom of his heart.

"Yeah, good," Darius said, not even glancing away from his phone.

Imani didn't even bat an eyelash, as if Ajax hadn't tried to bring down the house by the sheer volume of his announcement.

"Hey, look Geun. He looks good here, doesn't he? I'll post this one. I look fantastic in this one too," she said, showing him something on her phone which I assumed were the pictures from the party.

Geun nodded. "Definitely. We're all in this picture," he agreed.

I felt a little happy seeing them share the same sentiment as me when it came to Ajax. We both weren't happy with him getting signed up, albeit for different reasons but still it didn't deter from me feeling like we were on the same side.

I saw Ajax smirk at their refusal to acknowledge his success and gave Braxton another hug. I did not like how Braxton looked like he needed to apologize for his friends not being happy for him.

Ajax caught me looking at him and grinned, extracting himself from the hug and unfortunately making his way over to me. "Julia!" He sang. "Won't you congratulate me for achieving my dreams?" He asked, attempting to look like a hurt puppy.

I glared at him, shocked at his outrageous insolence. I saw Braxton look at me hopefully, looking every bit like a puppy with those twinkling eyes.

I took a deep breath. Being hostile towards his friend will only make me look like an envious and ungrateful bitch. I didn't want him thinking I was that.

He didn't know what had actually happened. I reminded myself of that constantly along with the promise I made to myself to give Ajax what he deserved eventually in time. Just for him, I'd do this.

"Congrats," I said shortly.

"What was that?" He teased. "I didn't quite catch it," he said, stepping close and wrapping an around around my waist.

No way was I going to repeat that. Elbowing him in the side and making it look like an accident, I moved away from him, not acknowledging what he wanted me to repeat.

"Ajax, stop teasing her." Braxton came to my rescue. "Come on now, this calls for a party!"

"That'll have to wait until I sign the contract officially. Today was just the audition but they said I was on board." He said. "And I have looked into an apartment. The rent's decent, nice view, will move out soon."