1 2 | J U L I A

I was walking down the road on my way to the library. I was in a cheery mood, having had no nightmares the previous night and actually managing to get a good night's sleep.

My good mood dampened when I discretely looked back and caught sight of the black car which I noticed had started to follow me around wherever I went.

It all started on the day when I first started working in the library. I saw that car everywhere. It was parked outside my hotel and when I left for work, it followed after me at a slow pace, it was there at some corner outside the library and I had to look really hard until I caught sight of it. Then it disappeared for the duration of my shift and appeared just before I got off work. Then it followed me back to the hotel, taking the different paths I took when I started to grow suspicious of it. Initially I just thought it was a coincidence or that they were different cars but then I started to notice the number plate which was the same all the time.

I didn't know who was following me around like that. The windows were heavily tinted and the person never came out in front of me. At first, I thought it was Dan. That he finally caught me and was just playing a game of cat and mouse for fun. But he didn't have a car. He had a deathtrap, a motorcycle which I wouldn't even dream of getting on, especially with him riding.

I was now at the bus stop with the car a few feet away from it. The bus came soon enough and I got on, taking note of how the car started moving right when the bus pulled away from the stop. It was constantly trailing behind the bus, just like everyday.

When I got off, I walked fast towards the library. Last night, I visited a cyber café to print out the city maps and to check on Dan and Harper's social media to see if they were searching for me. Harper had posted a few selfies in the one month that I had ran away and Dan had posted two. Neither looked affected by a missing member of the family which was a good thing because that meant that they weren't searching for me.

The looked up possible routes in the maps because the black car was really starting to frighten me. So when I got off the bus stop, I walked in the opposite direction of the library and I wasn't surprised when the car followed me from the other side of the road.

I took a turn and walked into an alley not meant for cars and when I looked back, the car was stopped right in front. Once I turned the corner so that I wasn't visible from the main road, I took off in a run. I wasn't sure if the driver would get out of the car and follow me on foot but I was staying to see the answer.

I had memorized the path by heart through the alleyways. It was a long walk and a short run but I was inside the library through the back gate. It took me three minutes than usual.

I bumped into Jude on the way inside and he stopped to look at me, taking note of my laboured breathing.

"Are you okay? Why did you run all the way here, and that too from the back gate?" He was holding a dirty rag in his hand suggesting that he had just finished dusting and cleaning.

I was afraid of the car and wanted to let someone know what was going on and in the time I'd been here, I'd gotten a little close with the three people that worked here. So I told Jude the whole story.

"It's been going on for so long and you're telling me this just now?" He asked with widened eyes. "Is that car here right now?"

Before I could stop him, he walked over to the entrance and looks through the glass. I walked and stopped next to him.

"I don't see it." He stated, glancing all over the place.

I meekly pointed at the far corner on the other side of the main road where the black car was parked daily.