2 7 | J U L I E T

"Whoa. That was close." Were my first words when I saw the result of my Chemistry test. I had topped obviously but only by one point from Boonsri. The girl had a hard time accepting that as she nagged the teacher continuously to grade her test again.

Finally having had enough, the teacher raised her voice at her and told her to return to her seat and then proceeded to announce the three top scorers in the test, me being the first which made Boonsri scoff in disbelief and throw a glare at me. Everyone was shocked to know Boonsri was second. They stared between her and I a few times.

After the bell rang and everyone started to move out, she stopped in front of my desk and slammed a hand down on it. "Alright, tell me how you managed to copy the answers from me when I was sitting like four seats ahead of you. Did the ones in front of you help in passing my answers to you?"

I didn't bother to hide my snicker at her ridiculous theory. "I thought you were a worthy competition. Turns out I'm wrong considering you came up with an explanation this stupid to make yourself believe that there couldn't be anyone better than you. News flash, now there's someone else who's going to be the smartest person in this grade and that's me."

"You?" She scoffed. "Please, don't make me laugh. Just because luck was on your side for this once doesn't mean shit. Plus, it was just by one point. I advice you to not be so overconfident."

"Well, I return your advice to you because you look to be in dire need of it. People don't always remain on top. Just look at yourself having lost to me by one point, " I gave her a sickly sweet smile.

"Let's see if you get this lucky next time." She laughed mockingly and left.

At lunch, I told Frida and Eli everything from the five devils chasing me after school to Dan's threat to my confrontation with Boonsri that day.

They stared at me in shock after I finished.

"Well say something. Don't just keep staring at me like that." I shook them out of their shock.

"Holy shit. Weren't you scared? You've seriously pissed those four off for them to go to such length to get you. And then Dan. Do not take him lightly, Juliet. I'm scared for you. I don't think you're safe. Things have just gotten worse." Frida looked to Eli for him to give his input.

"For once I agree with Frida. I'm not comfortable with this. You're attracting too much attention of everyone lately. Everyone's already talking about that Chemistry test and Boonsri must be feeling like she's losing her title of the smartest girl and she would do anything to get you out of the way. Then there's also Nia and Pari. Mr. Branson complimented you over her and you Pari are both in the time. The three will think you're going after them. They will not sit still and let you do whatever you want." Eli said the most I'd heard his talk.

"Yes," Frida agreed. "And the four of the bullies will come after you stronger than before after you slipped from their grasp. Then there's Dan. He seriously scares me."

"Guys, don't worry. I'll be fine. I can take  whatever they throw at me and not only that, I'll be sure to come back at them twice as hard. You don't need to be scared. But like I said, I can't do much without you two. So I need your help. We're going to start your training and tutoring soon. Eli, have you chosen a place for that?"

"We can do that in my basement. There's just a little junk there but otherwise it's quite big and nobody has any use for it. Will it be okay?"

"Perfect. We start today." I stated.

"Today?" Frida and Eli asked at the same time and to my annoyance it sounded like they were whining.

"You got a problem with that?" I challenged, daring them to come up with any excuse.