3 8 | J U L I A

I asked Jude to cover my shift for the evening because Jade and I wanted to attend Braxton's party. I asked Geun and he said that I could bring her seeing as she was Braxton's friend as well. That and also I needed to buy a present for him and I had no idea what to get him.

For being his diehard fan, I was quite shocked to know that Jade had forgotten his birthday. She was freaking out and cursing herself and her 'audacity to forget The Braxton Ford's birthday' as were her exact words.

I left early from the library to pick a gift I thought was perfect for him. I was required to be at the house two hours before his arrival and I was pretty punctual.

When I walked into the kitchen to see if I could help with something, I couldn't help but gasp as I saw the four tier cake in all its glory with Imani and Darius standing proudly in front of it. Imani was doing the frosting and Darius was cleaning up after them. They were almost finished.

Park Geun was sitting at the breakfast table, snapping pictures as Imani worked and asking his manager for her opinion. When he saw me, he grinned and beckoned me forward.

"Well? What do you think?" He asked and three pairs of eyes turned towards me, waiting for my response.

Suddenly under the unexpected attention, I struggled to form words to express just how spectacular it looked. "It's amazing. It's like I can taste how good it is just by looking at it."

Imani's lips twitched up in a small smile of satisfaction as she fussed about the cakes and I felt a swell of happiness that she was in a pleasant mood tonight.

"So we've got news that our birthday boy is unnecessarily rushing home and will be half an hour earlier than expected," Darius said. "Why the fuck is he moving so fast? We still have to clean up and food and drinks are yet to arrive. Julia, check on when they'll deliver the food and after that help Geun put up the balloons."

Geun flashed me a grin again. "It's a good thing you're tall. I hope you're not afraid of heights."

"Why? You are afraid of heights?" I asked.

He nodded and shivered. "Deathly afraid."

"Don't worry, I'll put up all the higher ones." I said. "Let me just check up on the food."

I made the call and they updated me on their progress. They were going to deliver in another half an hour. Guests will start to arrive in another hour.

"So, you excited for the party?" Ajax's unexpected voice made me jump in my place. I hadn't heard him sneak up on me.

"Yeah, I mean it's Braxton's birthday. He has been a big help to me and this is the least he deserves for his kindness."

He didn't say anything, simply put up a small smile.

"Are you going to be present for the party?" I asked.

"Of course. It's my dear best friend's party after all," he said.

"We could use another pair of hands, you know. He's going to be bit early tonight and the more help we can get the better things will play out," I suggested.

All throughout these two days, Ajax hadn't helped with a single thing. He hadn't offered his help even once and right now we were time bound. We still had plenty of things to set up and his help would be appreciated.

"Now why would an upcoming singer and celebrity do by planning a measly birthday party? I'm sure you guys will manage just fine. And besides I have a surprise of my own for everyone and I need to make sure it's perfect so forgive me but I can't help," he said.