Waking and Intrest

Elijah's POV

     When I open my eyes the next morning, I find myself laying on the bed securely, though incorrectly, my body wrapped in a blanket as I lay at an odd angle.

   I turn my head ja find Oliver a few inches away, his eyes closed in the face of the warm morning light, and when I check my phone thats on the night stand along with my glasses, it's right in the morning.

    Last night the two of us had read and laughed until almost twelve in the morning and by that time I was nodding off. But of course, Oliver claimed to not be tired and stayed up longer than I did, though it's seems to have caught up to him after all.

   I yawn softly and starch my body, enjoying the way it cracks and pips before settling back down with a satisfied smile.

   I think about waking Oliver up before I realize just how tired he must be from taking care of me these past few days and decide to just let him rest. I slowly pull the blanket off of me and instead lay it softly on Oliver who shifts akihito before placing his nose in the blanket.

     I yawn once more and make my way out of the bed, heading towards the fire that doesn't look like it's changed one bit and frown as I warm my hands.

      Once I feel a little better I grab some socks out of my suitcase thats kyung in the floor, needing clean ones firm yesterday, and tug them on to my always cold feet. After they're on, I decide to go find something to do while I wait for Oliver to wake up, into for me to remember the book that was a it away into the corner.

    I walk over towards the couch and reach towards the small table and grab the withered book before I straighten up and head out of the door, not wanting to risk waking Oliver up.

     I close the door tightly behind me under there's a click before I walk into the both room across and use the bathroom, washing my hands after before I go and brush my teeth, getting it out of the way since I don't think I'm going back to sleep today.

     Once I'm all done I father my boob and elks won the hallway, entering the living room. I decide not to eat breakfast with Oliver and instead decide to sit on one of the couches, curling my legs underneath me as I do. After I get comfortable, I pull the book out from under my arm and set it on my lap carefully, scared of being too rough with it and making it fall apart.

    There's nothing on the front of the book, no name no author, only a yeah. Feeling more intrigued, I open the book to the first page.

✨✨✨

January 1, 1879

      The new year is among us, and I can't seem to find the pasión within me to dedicate the new year towards any amount of celebration.

      I am aware of the things that are coming for this world, and while most may find the idealism behind it comforting and sweet, the only thing it will be for those like me, is a nightmare.

    Allison and I spoke yesterday and she told me that she is going to go away towards Africa and find herself a place in the mountains to live among the villages peacefully like we used to be able to do here. There is a lot of hate and trepidation flowing around the world right now, and the Supernaturals have tried their best in staying out of it.

    Though the humans are making the deed a bit harder than we had planned.

     When things in Europe had gotten bad, we had sailed the seas, hoping to have our world world within the new patch of land. But the humans followed us into the Americas. Once they did we moved further west, way before they got into their head to follow, and each year they creep further and further towards us, the ones who only want to remain hidden and out of the chaos.

     The unrest is pushing us all into more violence and unrest between supernaturals and if something doesn't change soon , things are going to get worse.

    There is word of a Pact that is going to go around to unite all of the Supernaturals and hopefully create a place where we can all co-exist in the same land.

    It's a pipe dream to believe something such as that could ever exist.

   So instead, I have decided to do the nest thing for me and travel towards the east coast and across the seas to make my way back home. England hans always been the best place to live, but at the very moment, it is better than staying here.

    For I, Oliver Canon, know that no matter what happens, my kind will always ben looked down upon and hidden in the shadows. Original Vampires will never get the same acceptance as the Chosen abominations. And I refuse to dilute myself into thinking so.

    Today I will be heading towards the new land in the east and hopefully, in a months time I will be home.

     And perhaps one day I will return here to the kind small forest where I've resided for forever and find a home in it once more.

      ~Oliver

~~~~~~~~~~~~
sleep is good for the soul. Anyone else super excited for winter?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Favorite favorite candy?