Peace and Endings

Oliver's POV

       I watch from the kitchen as Elijah sits and laugh with Eve and Steve, the three of them forming an easy Bond, something I'm glad I didn't have to worry over.

    I go into the fridge and reach for some juice, pouring myself a cup before I go to stand over the sink, the window above it showing the vast rolling forrest, a lighting coat of snow layering the ground and trees.

   I find myself looking at a particular spot a couple yards away, and I catch myself smiling when I realize why.

    That spot, between the fir tree and the evergreen, where there's a root that goes from tree to tree, is where I found the love of my life. A little human book worm with a knack for making me smile and making my life better than I thought possible.

    Three months ago, this house was in shambles, and so was I, my pity party in full swing. And now, I'm human, with Elijah, the most gorgeous sweetest man in the world, the house finally getting work done on it.

   Now it only feels fifty instead of three hundred.

   I lift my eyes from those two important insignificant, and raise them towards the sky, the color of it a calming blue as clouds float along the horizon, riding the wind to the edge of the world.

    Thank you, Fallen Goddess, for granting me love when I didn't believe, when my heart was filled with hate and loneliness. Thank you for the gift of true love. For Elijah.

   I smile to myself as I turn around to watch my nerdy little human that melted my cracked stone heart. And as I stand here and I him, I know one thing is true.

   When Secrets Run Out, and there nothing left to put out in the open, all your left with is each other and the truth. It's up to you what you do from there.

    My advice? Choose happiness.

    And don't stop until you get it.

✨✨✨ The End ✨✨✨

~~~~~~~~~~~
AFTER A YEAR IM FINALLY DONE YAY!

Thoughts? Comments?

What was your favorite thing about the book?

What's your favorite thing about the characters?