Flustration and Panic

Oliver's POV

After I'm sure the fragile human is safe and sound in front of the fire place, I remove myself from the room, making sure to closer the door behind me before the trepidation sets in.

My Bond is a human male. One that wouldn't even consider the existence of the Abominations much less do research to find out about Originals.

There are so many things unsettling about this pairing that if I could find my Bond Mistress I would choke slam her into a pile of bricks. The small adorable human inside of my room has no notion of who I am, and even if he felt any type of attraction to my character or my face, it would quickly disperse in the face of the truth of what I am.

Further, the man, Elijah is unlikely to stare past the duration of the snow storm. There's no use in growing attachments to some pipe dream that will not occur in reality.

Though it didn't stop me from feeling a bit miffed over not getting the happy ending that I have been dreaming of since the beginning of my time. I've been around for tens of thousands of years and all I wanted was a lover that should spend the rest of time with me.

Perhaps I was being greedy and forgot my place as an Original.

A thought I would rather not dwell on.

I walk towards the kitchen, down the stairs and through the halls as I think about what I could make from my cupboard of food. I gather myself into the kitchen and I find Peter lounging on the table with an irate expression on his face.

"I'm aware you don't like sharing your spot, but the fragile human needs to be warm. Don't be a brat." I tell him dragon and he just rolls his arms before curling up tightly on the table. I turn away from him and grab what appears to be canned soup. I find the device us used to open the van and pour it into one of the few bowls I have.

Trying my best, I put the bowl into the heating tool that's hanging above my fridge and place it on two minutes as my thoughts continue to pace back and forth between what to do and not thinking about it.

You would think a man of my age would be able to talk about the inevitability of something that I've waited for all my life, but you would be incorrect.

Vampires have anxiety too.

Some of us are also afraid of things that go bump in the dark. And if you're not. You should be because there are worse things that blood suckers that derek both in the shadows and in the world in front of your very eyes.

The warming device beeps and I grab the bowl out of it, shutting the door before searching for an eating utensil for Elijah. Once I find the right one, I place it in the bowl and reach for a cloth before I begin my walk back towards my bed room. The walk this time is shorter, and when I reach the outside of my door, I go to knock and enter when I hear the voices begin speaking inside of my room.

"I know that he could be a maniac killer, Gracie. What was I supposed to do, take my chances out in the wild?" He asks his companion and I find myself frowning as I try to think of who this Gracie could be to my sweet Elijah.

There's a pause in the air as he walks closer to the fire and his free arm warped firmly around his torso to hold in the warmth.

"No, he's getting me food. You should see him, Gracie. He's so hot and his accent is to die for. I know you said I read too many books but I would swear in my soul that this man is meant to be mine." Pause. "Maybe I do have a death wish get over it."

Disbelief rocks through my core as I listen to the words that Elijah is sharing with his friend. He thinks I'm hot. He thinks we're meant to be together. He isn't incorrect but the idea that this hums is so open to me without knowing who I am gives me a sense of hope, even if it is false, that perhaps I can make something work.

Not wanting to think about it any longer or invade Elijah's send of privacy, I block out the rest of his conversation sand knock on the door, and through the crack I can see him jump.

"I have to go Gracie, I'll call you soon." He says before he hangs up and it soothes my ego and soul a bit when he doesn't declare any claim of affection when he gets off of the phone. "Come in." He calls and I don't miss the irony of him welcoming me into my own room.

I push the door open and reveal myself and the bowl on soup that's steaming in my hands. "I don't often eat this type of food, so I apologize if it doesn't taste how you would like." I say to the man and I was as his eyes widen a bit behind his glasses before he blushed and turns away, reaching out his hands for the bowl.

"Thank you." He tells me and I nod to him as I go to walk out of the door behind me but he stops me with his hand raised. "You don't have to leave. This is your home." He tells me before blushing and I'm stunned.

I'm not used to the idea of keeping someone company but the sound of it is all too enticing to walk away from. "Very well." I tell him and I close the door back before going to my bed and reaching for a random book off of my night stand. I lounge in my bed with my book in hand and try to pretend as if I'm not staring at Elijah that whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are literally so cute. Okay after I eat it's a straight shot to the finish line in Chan's book. Three more chapters. I love you guys!

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What position are you laying in?