Reading and Shyness

Elijah's POV

   My fingers trace over the spines of the books softly as I skip the titles, most of them something that I've never heard of before.

   I can feel Oliver's eyes on me, probably making sure I don't take or break anything, but the touch of his gaze makes my ears turn pink as I push my glasses back up my face, fidgeting a bit with the nerves.

    The book in front of me as an old spine, cracking down the middle, the cover so clearly leather that it makes me feel like I shouldn't touch it, much less open it to see what secrets it has on its pages. My finger tips brush against the hard leather and I smile at the feeling, breathing in the scent of books both new and old.

    I turn around to find Oliver in the same spot I had the last time I looked over at me, except now his head is resting in his hand as he watches me intently. 

   I look away shyly from his gaze, heart beating harshlely from just a look making my ear burn brighter. "Where did you get these from?" I ask, referring to the entire book collection and at first I think my voice is too soft to be heard in the vast room, but Oliver's deep voice answers me, louder than my own had been.

    "I've collected them over the years. Some from collectors like me. Some from friends I used to have. And a few I found just at random stores wasting away. They're all a hidden and forgetting treasure, but here they get the love and attention that deserve." He explains to me and I nod my head in slight awe of both this library and the man himself.

    "You must have traveled a lot." I observe and there's a chuckle from behind me that makes me blush fiercely at the sound of it.

    "For many many years," He admits and I scrunch my face and in confusion before turning around one of my hands going up to grab my hip softly as I look at the Adonis in front of me. His jaw is sharp and defined, his muscles throughout his body not shy at all, bugling out of his clothes softly and I bite my lip as I notice.

    "You don't seem that old. It couldn't have been that many years." I say skeptically and he laughs once meow though his eyes downed leave my body.

     "I'm older than I look." He tells me and he doesn't elaborate making me shrug before I turn around and my eyes catch a book that I've always loved fiercely. The Hidden Gem.

    "I love this book. My favorite line in it is when Tatti tells Pat that 'no matter how many miles stretch between us, I will be with you regardless. For you are the love of my life and no amount of space and time can take that away'." I quite staring lovingly at the book. And when I look up, Oliver is smiling at me softly.

   "I haven't read that book in ages." He comments before he motions to the chair next to him. "I would depise to hog the book all for myself. Would you mind reading it aloud as you catch up on it?" He asks me and I can feel my cheeks heat up at what he offers me.

   "You want me to read to you?" I ask him? the action seeming almost intimate in a way.

    "If it's alright with you." He tells me and I nod as my cheeks flare up, grabbing the book story and holding it to my chest as I walk over towards the chair that Oliver gestured to for me to sit in. I lower my butt into the cushioned chair and homage you at Oliver meeting holden eyes that make me blush and look back down, pushing my glasses back into place and I open up the book to the first chapter.

   I clear my throat as I start the first sentence. "The night shivers along side Tatti as she makes her way up the hill to the house that sits atop of it, her skirt waving in the wind harshly. Her breath falls from her lips in a gasp as she struggles to make it. As she finally reaches her goal, she reaches out with a shaking hand, tears flowing down her cheeks softly, unbeknownst to her as her fist connects with the wooden door twice softly. She stands in the cold air, seconds falling, dead to the ground as time ticks away. When he finally answers the door, Tatti can barely hold herself up with the force of her tears, holding out her life's savings in her hands and pushing them into the hold of the man in front of her. 'They killed her. I need you to return the favor.' "

    I read to Oliver softly, the story coming alive in my kind and when I look up at Oliver, his eyes are soft as he watches me making me turn away and flip on to the next page.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I came up with that story on the fly lmaooo It would probably be a good one if I allowed myself to think about it too hard but I won't. I have way too many books to read already.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you like rice?