Whispering and Smiles

Oliver's POV

      I turn as I get off the bed and watch as Elijah struggles, a fond smile on my face as he attempts to maneuver around and with the blanket that preventing him from doing so smoothly.

    Taking pity on the smaller man, I grab his hips, ignoring the way pleasure shoots up my finger tips and place him softly in the ground, holding up the blanket for him so he can wrap it back around his shoulders. With my enhanced vision, it's easy to see the way his face covers in a fierce blush that makes me want to pull the man into my chest protectively. 

     "Thank you." He tells me softly and I back away a few steps to control my heart thats trying to beat out of my chest, wanting to be close to Elijah's.

    And strangely, I feel my fave and neck blush for the first time and I clear my throat in an attempt to wash away the urge to get on my knees and tell Elijah everything in hopes that he will stick around. But alas, I know better and have more self control over that even if it's only a bit.

    "You're quite welcome. Follow me." I tell him, turning to move towards the door, instantly forgetting that my small Bond is human. He struggles to follow my body through my room and while it's insanely adorable, I take pity on the man and go back for him.

    I take his small hand in mine, relishing in the softness and warmth of his touch before I have him grab the back of my shirt in his grasp.

     "Better?" I ask him softly and I watch him shiver over my shoulder.

     "Yes." He answers and I turn and begin waking once more, this time with Elijah right behind me. The two of us leave my door, and I let the door hang ajar, knowing my dragon will more than likely find it's way in there on his own.

    Peter has a knack for being able to avoid anyone that he doesn't want to talk to, even me sometimes.

    We tread down the hallways, my footsteps light allowing me to listen to Elijah's footsteps, heavy compared to my own but soothing. His grip on the back of my shirt is alluring and addicting almost to know that he trusts me enough to not only be here with me, but for me to lead him into the dark quite literally.

   When we arrive in the hallway that I had set out for, I turn towards Elijah with twitching lips, knowing that despite his thoughts that I'm sure are doubtful, that he will love this little space if perfection in my home. "Are you prepared?" I ask him, amused and excited to see his expression, especially with knowing that I have something that will make him happy.

    "Should I be scared?" He asks me and though I am aware that he's speaking about the room that we're about to enter, I can't help but think that he may be talking about something else entirely.

     "I don't believe so, but thats up for you to decide." I answer him, both the question he voiced and the meaning that he's not even aware of.

    I turn away from the man thats slowly consuming my thoughts and open one fo the huge doors in front of me, allowing myself and Elijah to step in before I reach over to turn on the light that hangs overhead. When I flip the switch, the old room shines in soft yellow light, rows upon rows of books form all different time periods and all over the world lining the shelves.

    I step out of the way and turn to watch Elijah who blinks against the sudden light, his mundane eyes taking longer to get used to the change in brightness.

    Once his vision is clear, I watch as his eyes bulge, walking further into the room slowly as he looks around, turning in small circles in the middle with an awed expression in his face that strangely makes me feel content and a hundred feet tall.

     "This is yours?" He asks me, his turning stop as he faces me, his adorable glasses laying crooked on his face and I look around at the library that I've made myself.

     "Yes. I've been creating it for years." I tell him and he nods his head earnestly, and obviously believing me.

     I follow him further into the room, keeping a distance of a few feet as he goes to truly look around the filled room, covered in different worlds, stories and knowledge that I have collected over the years.

    As he walks around the room, I settled myself on one fo the random chris strewn around the room and watch the fascinated man as he walks away and and coos over books that I may have forgotten was even here. As he looks around he mumbles to himself and thought it may be wrong I can't help but tune in as my eyes follow his smaller body around the room, enjoying the sound of his voice.

    I doubt he's aware that he's whispering to himself which makes it all the more endearing.

    He finds a book that he particularly likes and turns around towards me to hold it up as if asking friends permission to read through it. I don't mind, even if I'm unaware of what book it is and nod my head yes making him snails broadly before his eyes that are still on me, soften a bit.

    "He's so perfect." He says, almost too quiet for me to hear but I do before he turns around and sighs. And I can feel my face heating up as I turn away from him as well, knowing that whatever walls I had up, have already tumbled down and I'm in far too deep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The two of them are so cute. I'm glad I was able to write this chapter today. I don't know if I will get to all that I what to write today because I'm tired and I have a lot to do, but I'm just happy to have the motivation to do anything.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: do you like blueberries?