Chapter 109: Taken Fantasia

Far distant, fathoms away, the Black Cauldron crumbled under Wart's sword. It shattered into black crystals, staining the blade. Demons wailed as the portal between heaven and earth collapsed. Sucking into itself, the portal evolved into a shrinking vacuum.

And as the tidal wave hit, everything pulled towards the vacuum. Shadows screamed through the water, clawing at students and villains before sweeping into the black vacuum. Jim felt the ocean change direction. Groaning, the current churned into a whirlpool. Wrenched apart from Silver, Jim sunk into the water. Helplessly, he swirled downwards with the students and villains as the whirlpool dropped into the portal.

And far distant, fathoms away, Ariel felt the currents. Like invisible strings threaded through her body, the ocean pulled. Bearing Ursula's weight, Ariel clutched both the trident and seawitch's chain as ice cut across her knees. The current increased and Ariel shook with the effort as Ursula's tentacles crept between her legs.

"Ariel!" Flounder spun by, Dori hanging hysterically on his fin. Frantically, Flounder pointed to the forest. "Ariel! Ariel! Look! Whoa!"

Gargling, Flounder and Dori dunked underwater. Lana swam over them, leading Monstro and the mermaids. "Help our side!" her beautiful voice chimed. "Drown everyone else in the whirlpool!"

Ariel gasped. Grip slipping over the trident, she turned.

The shore was black, even in the rising dawn. Treetops barely poked over the water. The forest had been cut at the knees by the tidal waves, but was armed to the teeth with villains and students, trying to escape the currents.

Ursula yanked the chain, tentacle squeezing Ariel's wrist. But still Ariel fought. Desperately holding ground, she searched the forest for Jim. But he was lost in the chaos. Mermaids sliced under the water, prying students from safety and throwing them into the tide. Lana lead the attack, wrestling Eric into the water as her sisters rescued villains from harm.

Tentacles covered Ariel's mouth as she opened it to scream. Adella and Cordelia carried Eric deeper into the whirlpool before attacking Adam, Belle, and Pocahontas. Eric floundered, kicking helplessly against the current. Ariel struggled against Ursula as Mulan and Tarzan dove after him, suspended from Tarzan's magical vine. Twisting like an eel, Eric reached for Mulan's hand.

Suddenly the Jolly Rodger appeared. Heaved upright by the whirlpool, it bounded up and over the current before slamming back down. Tarzan seized Mulan as the ship crashed into the ocean and Eric disappeared under the hull.

"Too bad!"

The chain ripped from Ariel's palm, cutting across her hand. Fingers bleeding, she tried to keep hold to the trident as Ursula's tentacles advanced. Her hair caught the water as Ursula bent her backwards, forcing the trident tip into the sea. Magic bled from the golden teeth, swirling into the whirlpool. Surrounding the Jolly Roger like a golden net, the magic pulled the pirate ship from the black vacuum. Villains climbed onto the deck, and slowly steered from danger.

The villains were escaping. Ariel thrashed, desperately trying to break Ursula's grip. The trident glimmered, but the magical glow swelled as Ursula pushed her black incantations through the shaft. The ocean responded, obligating the seawitch like a slave lifting the villains onto the Jolly Rodger. Captain Hook kicked from the sea spray, clawing over the bulwark. Barking a command, he ordered the sails to raise. And as the sails waved aside, Ariel saw that Captain Hook held Wendy.

Shadows groped at the hull and pulled at the keel. The Jolly Roger rocked as the demons tried to escape the vacuum churning within the whirlpool. Wendy fell with the tilt of the ship, ramming into Hook's legs. Captain Hook faltered and Wendy raised magical needle. Twice she slashed at Captain Hook before sprinting to the helm. Seizing the wheel, she turned the ship towards the black portal. But as the bowsprit turned, the villains attacked. They threw her at the captain. Hook looped around her throat, Captain Hook held Wendy over the ocean. Strangled, Wendy held the hook. Below, the drowning demons squirmed.