Chapter XXXXII

Drystan

The field was quiet but for the chirping of the crickets. It was the day of the full moon and Drystan reveled in her light. The little Luna stood in the center of the field, her friends surrounding her in a circle. 

She looked slightly nervous as she turned to Belv, "Are you sure this will work?"

Belv smiled back, reassuring, as her pink hair fluttered in the breeze, "It will be okay, child."

Adira nervously looked to Adrian, who also smiled at her, and then she took a deep breath. "Okay, let's do it."

Drystan's eyes flitted to his sister just as hers looked to him. Something unreadable and ununderstandable passed between them.

"Okay," Belv said, "I'm going to say the phrase. You'll feel a rush of power in your body. Use that and concentrate on the date of the blood moon. Hopefully, the future will come to you."

Adira nodded.

Drystan's Cassie leaned into Sebastian. Drystan's gut burned. She still wouldn't talk to him.

"Fiduciam, et bene tibi erit," Belv whispered. 

"Fiduciam, et bene tibi erit," her voice gained volume, repeating, before she finally shouted, "Fiduciam, et bene tibi erit!"

The air charged and cackled.

A flash of lightning lit up the sky.

The little Luna gasped as her back arched, face turning upwards to the moon. She lifted off the ground, her hair flying, as she let out a choked gurgle. Her toes pointed towards the earth as her body stretched fully.

The Alpha took half a step towards her before Belv raised her hand stopping him. "Where is it, Adira? Where will the altar be?"

Adira choked again. Her spine arched further. Then suddenly, her posture straightened and she crumpled,  falling back to the ground with a thump. 

Drystan sighed in relief. 

"No," Kaifa whispered, her voice terrified, "No!"

Drystan turned, confused, to look at his sister, following her eyesight to the Luna's hair. The roots were turning silver and it was spreading towards the edges.

Drystan's blood ran cold. 

"NO!" Cassie shouted, running towards Adira. She skidded back several feet, repelled by a powerful force. 

Drystan looked to Belv who shook her head worriedly, "Field isn't mine."

Adira's eyes started to turn silver and she lifted off the ground flying several inches above it. 

Adrian let out a roar, clawing at the shield.

Sebastian threw a dagger at it. Kaifa rotated it mercilessly, trying to drill through the barrier.

"Adira!" Amor screamed. 

Adrian let out a tortured yelp as the silver covered half the length of Adira's hair. 

The Luna's face shifted imperceptibly towards her mate, but then lifted to the moon again. 

The breeze strengthened around her. A breeze that Drystan could not control.

"Child! Come back!" Belv screamed. 

Eden cried out, as the silver began to spread even faster. Adira started to glow pearly white.

"Her body won't respond!" Sana cried out. "I can't do anything!"

"Come back, Adira! Fight it! Come back to us!" Kaifa shouted again.