36: Something New

Start from the beginning

"Not really. Have you seen Carl?" She asked.

"I'll only tell you if you can tell me where Sky is." Elle shrugged.

"Library." Sarah answered.

"He's in the feild with his Dad. Might wanna wait maybe thirty minutes if you don't wanna ruin your manicure." Elle said as she walked off. Sarah had always been trying to be around Carl. It doesn't take a genius to find out she likes him. Carl doesn't really like it though. He isn't annoyed by her, he just doesn't feel the same way and Sarah is kind of clingy. Elle started making her way to the library. She walked down the hall until she saw the door with the sign that read 'library'.

She opened the door and saw Carol reading to the kids. "Hey Carol." Elle smiled.

"Hi Elle. You looking for someone?" She smiled back.

"Sky." Elle said, looking around until her eyes landed on the girl. Sky walked over to Elle's side. "Bye guys!" Elle waved before she rushed Sky out of the room. She lead her further down the hall, away from the door.

"What's going on?" Sky asked, worried.

"The fence build up. It's only growing, and we need more people down there." Elle briefly explained. Sky nodded, and hurried down the halls. Elle looked at her list. Everything was done. She let out a deep breath, knowing she was free for the next hour or so, until someone came to her with a simple problem that they could've solved themselves. She threw away the apple core and made her way outside.

"Haven't seen you in a while." Glenn said walking up to her.

"I've been keeping busy."

"You work too hard. You're a teenager." He sighed.

"I'm fine." Glenn just smiled at her, nodding. He had to accept the fact that Elle was done looking for his approval. For anyone's approval. She made her own decisions now, if someone didn't like it, they could 'shove it up their ass' as she says. "Why do you have that look on your face?" Glenn had a saddened, yet happy look on his face. He had a smile on, but his eyes told a different story.

"You've grown up." He said. Elle nodded. She had grown up. A lot. She couldn't help but hug the man she called a brother. She wrapped her arms around his torso, and he hugged her back. "I love you." She said.

"I love you too." He said back. They had no problem saying that to eachother. "Okay, I bet you have some work to do." Glenn said, pulling away. Elle nodded. She  watched as Glenn walked away and towards the guard tower that he and Maggie occupy during the long days. She turned her body to face the field, shielding her eyes from the bright sun. As she started making her way down the hill, she heard the familiar sound of a horse. Michonne was back. She ran to the gate, as did Carl and Rick. Rick held the cable on one side, Carl and Elle on the other. Michonne rode in the gates gracefully. She hopped off and the three closed the gates behind her.

She opened the saddle bag that layed across the horse's back. She pulled out a stack of comic books for the teenagers, and a razor for Rick. "Your face is losing the war." She joked. Rick smiled at her as a thank you.

"Woah!"

"Awesome!" The kids awed at the comic books. They knew they would be staying up late that night to read them. Michonne told them that she gets to read the comics when the two teenagers finish.

Michonne and Rick started having a conversation about the Governor. Carl and Elle were instructed to take the horse back to the pen. The Governor was still missing, and Daryl and Michonne were determined to find the body, as they were the most affected by him. It's been months, but neither of them have found anything. No trails, no signs, nothing. It was like he disappeared off the face of the planet.