51: The Distance

DISCLAIMER: For some reason, when I try to publish the chapter that explains how they got to Alexandria (Michonne, Rick, Glenn, and Aaron get in a car and get separated blah blah blah), it tells me a problem has occurred so I gave up and closed my laptop, planning on just trying again the next day, and finding that the chapter has been deleted. I am not rewriting that shit. So I'll give you the gist of what happened and then continue this chapter normally.

Gist: Rick sends a group of people out to look for Aaron's car as well as Eric's RV while everyone else pairs up and looks around the barn for any hiding places and also looking at all the damage the storm caused the previous night. 

Elle and Carl partner up and she tells him that she's skeptical about Sarah. She tells him how her story doesn't add up. Sarah arrived at the prison saying her whole family was dead and that she was the last one to make it out alive, yet she has little to know survival skills whatsoever. Carl questions Elle at first, but is convinced and the two agree to keep an eye out for her. 

Rick, Michonne, Glenn and Aaron drive a car that's leading the RV, they get separated, RV pulls up outside of building, everyone goes inside waiting for Rick to make awaiting his return. He eventually arrives and Aaron rushes to Eric's aid. They spend the night with the plan to continue the following morning. They did. The chapter ending at the arriving at the gates of Alexandria, now.. here is the chapter.

❀❀❀

This was really happening. They were here. There was a big sign hanging on the one of the walls.

Welcome to the
Alexandria
safe zone

Mercy for the lost
Vengeance for the plunderers.

People slowly started getting out of the RV, keeping their weapons drawn. They heard the sound of metal screeching and saw the big gate being pulled open to reveal a whole neighborhood.

A man with short, curly, brown hair stood at the entrance, looking over all the new faces. He didn't look to be very fond about the fact that they have weapons. A lot of them, at that.

Aaron tried to coax them in like they were stray puppies and he had pieces of ham. A noise from a nearby trash can startled everyone, out of instinct, they all raised their weapons. Daryl was the only one to fire. Everyone watched as he held a now dead opossum and he was the first one to speak since they arrived.

"We brought dinner."

The screeching of the gate sounded once more as everyone now stood inside the walls. The man, Nicholas, looked as if he were trying to give off that he was intimidating. He was not. He made eye contact with Elle, who could see right through him. She moved her finger towards the trigger to mess with him, and gave herself a small smirk when it had worked and he looked away.

A walker started to make it's way towards the gate and Rick noticed. "Sasha." He said, pointing at the walker in the distance. The woman turned and aimed her sniper at the walker. Pulling the trigger, the body fell limp just as the second gate closed. Sasha turned around with an expressionless look on her face.

"It's a good thing we're here." Rick said walking towards as he held his daughter in his arms.

"Please, sit." Deanna smiled, holding her hand out to a chair. Deanna ran Alexandria, she made all the calls. If you had any questions about the place, she had all the answers.