33: Supply Run; Part 2

"Watch out for that wire." Rick warned Elle and Carl. Michonne and Rick had carried Morgan into the room he was staying in, and layed him on the cot in the far corner. Elle looked down and saw a thin string. She stepped over it, Carl following her lead. When she moved the plastic curtain, there was an axe only inches away from her face.

"Yikes." She said, keeping an eye on it as she backed away. She then looked around the room. "Well, look what we have here." Guns. A lot of guns. "All these were at the station?" Elle asked absolutely amazed by what she was seeing.

"Not even half. He must've been busy." Rick infrenced. Elle grabbed a bag laying on the ground and started packing the ammunition. Box after box of bullets filled the bag.

"We wait till he wakes up." Rick stopped her. She rolled her eyes and set the bag down. Why did they need to wait? What's one man going to do with all of these guns? Instead of asking questions though, Elle just started looking at her surroundings. The walls had chalk all over them.

"clear"

"here's not here"

"Duane turned"

Wasn't Duane his son? What did clear mean? There were drawings all over the walls. They looked like buildings, maps even.

"It's all gone.." Carl muttered. Elle looked away from the words and walked over to Carl in the next room. "Our neighborhood, it's all gone." He repeated.

"Is that why you came, to see the house?" Rick piped up. Carl shook his head, but it was obvious he was lying. The map of their neighborhood had "burnt out" written across it. That really sucked, but even if the house was still there, they didn't have the time to go back. They're busy preparing for a war. There was a chewing sound coming from behind Rick. They all turned their attention towards Michonne, who was now eating a peanut butter granola bar.

"The mat said welcome." She shrugged. Elle raised an eyebrow and walked over with a smirk.

"It did." She smiled at the boys as Michonne gave her a piece. They chuckled before Carl spoke up.

"I'm going on a run." He announced as he loaded his gun with some of Morgan's bullets. "The baby place around the corner where Mom's friend Sarah used to work." There was bickering back and forth about Rick saying that Michonne goes with him, or nobody goes.

Carl finally caved, and agreed to let Michonne come along. "Elle, you coming with?" Michonne asked.

"Nah, I saw a few shops outside. I'm gonna see if I can find us some clothes for the winter. Unless Rick says I need a baby sitter?" Elle joked, turning towards the man.

"Go ahead."

"What! No fair! I'm two months older than her!" Carl whined. Everyone let out a small laugh. The three walked downstairs, steering clear of any tripwires and booby traps. "See you later?" Carl asked Elle before they went in opposite directions. She nodded and made her way to the nearest shop with her knife and gun ready. She counted down from three in her head before opening the door. She was a little startled at the ring of the bell that hung right above the door. Slowly making her way further into the store, she remained cautious. Slow step after slow step after slow step, until eventually, she stopped walking. She took a moment to think about what it was she was doing.

"What the hell am I doing? Morgan has made it very obvious that this entire place is clear." She thought aloud. She put her weapons in their holsters and pulled her bag off her back. She started humming softly, as it was quiet in the shop.

________________________

Elle had found some clothes for the winter but it was hard because the world fell during the late summer. It's still pretty hot that time of year in Georgia. She made her way back to the building that Rick and Morgan were occupying. She opened the door and walked up the stairs carefully. Stepping over the tripwire and pushing past the plastic curtain, she walked in on Morgan laying on the other side of the room and Rick putting a bandage on his shoulder. She quickly put the pieces together. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" She chuckled. Rick turned to her.

"Of course you would know." She let out a dramatic gasp. "Just a scratch." Elle nodded. As Rick buttoned up his shirt, Carl and Michonne walked in. Rick explained what happened while they were all out and about, and Morgan had agreed to give us the guns.

_____________________

"You got it?" Rick asked as he handed Carl a crate of guns. Carl nodded and brought it to the car. Rick passed a crate to Elle and she followed Carl. They put the crates in the trunk.

"We're gonna win." Elle said, breaking the silence. Carl was quiet for a few seconds.

"I know." He said. They shared a small smile before returning to the adults' sides. They carried more crates back and forth until most of the guns were in their car. They left guns for Morgan, as he needed them to survive. Rick offered to let Morgan stay with us, but Morgan figured it would be best for him to be on his own. Nobody was going to force him to come with them, so they let him be.

"Hey Morgan," Carl spoke. "Sorry about shooting you. You know I had to, right?"

"I know," Morgan nodded. He paused before speaking again. "Hey kid, don't ever be sorry." He advised. Carl nodded, Elle knew he would take that to hart, which might not be the best thing for him. But she couldn't control it. Everyone said their goodbyes and made their way to the car. Elle saw Carl holding something, Michonne holding something too.

"What do you guys have here?"

"A family portrait and a gorgeous cat." Michonne answered with a smile on her face. Elle smiled as well. She liked Michonne, she trusts Michonne.

"Carl, come help me with this." Rick called his son over. Michonne and Elle got in the car, ready to go home and show everyone what they got. The two boys were talking, it was quiet but clear. "How did it go?"

"Pretty well. I think she's one of us." Carl said. By the sound of his voice, you could tell he meant what he said. Elle made eye contact with Michonne in the rear view mirror.

"I told you." Elle smiled.

_____________________________

Avoid booby traps when you steal guns :)

Jk, don't steal. Sorry this is a bit short, my phone's been acting up so I had to write this on my iPad.

ALSO, PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK, SCARS. IT'S A DIXON DAUGHTER BOOK. LEAVE A COMMENT ON IT SO I KNOW YOU READ IT :)