46: No Sanctuary

Previously: "They're fucking with the wrong people."

Everyone in the train car stood in silence. They knew they would get out eventually. How? When? They didn't have those answers, but they would get out. "Elle?" Glenn asked. All eyes were now on the blonde. He stepped towards her and hugged her. The sudden contact scared her, but she hugged him back.

She stepped back, and started ripping the tape. She pulled her knife out and held it under the light, making the blade give off a glare.

"How did they not find that?" An unidentified woman asked. She had gorgeous olive skin, a nice figure, and thick dark hair tied into two ponytails that sat at the base of her neck and reached over her shoulders. Elle shrugged instead of speaking as if to say 'I don't know', except she did know. Daryl had threatened the man, Alex, who was giving pat downs.

❀❀❀

Everyone had started making make shift weapons, using everything they could find to assist them. Rick had taken the metal zipper from Carl's sweatshirt and was using it to cut out a chunk of wood from the beam in the corner. Like a wooden stake. Other people were using belt buckles, jewelry, sometimes people asked to borrow Elle's knife to help them put their weapon together. She wasn't going to refuse, so she let them. She had also started to make two weapons, but not only for her. One was for Sarah who had been cowering in the corner since they entered the car. 

"You okay?" A voice asked, startling Elle who had been so focused on what she was doing. She looked up and made eye contact with Maggie's green eyes. Elle shrugged. She wasn't happy, nobody was, but if she had said no, Maggie would've asked questions that she really didn't want to have to answer. "You think Jack and Cody are out there, safe?" She asked.

"I'm finding harder and harder to even believe that they're alive," Elle mumbled. Instead of asking any further questions and risk upsetting the girl more, Maggie didn't say anything. Daryl had told everyone what happened to Beth. He said they had gotten out together and she was taken by someone in a car with a white cross painted on the back wind shield. He said he tried to chase the car, but he couldn't keep up. That's how he ended up with Joe. Maggie was relieved that Beth wasn't here at Terminus, but she still wanted her sister. 

Out of everyone in their group, there were still people missing. Tyreese, Carol, Jack, Cody, Ryder, and Beth. All they could do was hope that they would find them. There was shouting coming from outside. 

"Oh, here." Elle said, pulling out the watch.

"How'd you get this back?" She asked, slowly taking it.

"The man who took it is dead." She answered, finishing her weapons.

"Everybody get to either side of the car, now!" The voice shouted. Elle quickly hid her knife behind her thigh again and held her new weapon. She handed the other to Sarah. 

"Remember, go for their eyes, then their throats." Rick whispered. Everyone held their weapons up, ready. There were footsteps coming from above them. Everyone looked up at the roof of the car. Then, the latch opened and something was thrown in. 

"Move!" The big, muscular man, who they learned to be Abraham, yelled. Elle felt someone pull her towards the wall when a big explosion occurred, sending her and the person flying back.

Her ears rang, her vision was blurry, and she couldn't stop coughing. Over the ringing, she could hear the door they entered being opened, and people being pulled out of the car. Then she felt herself as well being lifted. She quickly swiped one of the weapons she made. She tried to fight back, but it was no use. She was thrown on the ground, outside, when her vision cleared. Also on the ground was Rick, Daryl, Bob, Glenn, and Sarah.