24: Survivors

Elle's P.O.V. 

D

aryl and I had our weapons pointed at the prisoners. "You got medical supplies?" Glenn asked rushing behind the prisoners. They tried to step closer.

"Not a good idea." I warned, clicking the safety off my gun. One of the prisoners also pulled a gun, though it was smaller then mine. Glenn came back out with a metal cart and I watched as they quickly layed Hershel across. TDog went to open the door.

"Woah, what the hell are you doing?" The man with the gun yelled. TDog didn't pay any attention to them as he opened the door and stabbed the two walkers, while everyone else rushed out. TDog went after them. Me and Daryl slowly walked backwards towards the door, before bolting with the rest of the group. We were running down the dark tombs, Daryl's flashlight being our only source of light. 

"Follow the light." We heard someone whisper. I turned to see the prisoners shadows. 

"When we get back, I want you to hide up on the perch. You still like to throw knives?" Daryl asked. I nodded. "Good, have one ready in case they try anything." I nodded. After a minute of running, we made it to the room with tables in it. I dashed up the narrow stairs and crouched in the shadow so they wouldn't see me. Daryl gave me a slight nod as the prisoners ran in. I pulled out my knife and had it ready. 

"That's far enough." Daryl instructed.

"It's my prison. You don't tell me what's far enough." The man argued. 

"Take a step forward, see what happens." Daryl warned, giving me a slight glance. That's my cue. The man took a confident step forward, and I threw my knife. All of the prisoners eyes landed on me. I made my way down the stairs as the man scoffed at me. 

"You missed." 

"Did I?" I said pointed at a target that was clearly spray painted. "That looks like a bullseye to to me." I said pulling my knife out. He rolled his eyes as I walked over to stand beside Daryl. I put my knife in my holster and clicked the safety off my gun.
 The leader, Tomas, introduced everyone. There was Tomas himself, Oscar, Axel, Andrew, and "Big Tiny". His real name? I don't know. 

"Can we go in?" Tomas asked, directing his attention to the sealed cell block. 

"We can't let you do that." I said. 

"Why not? Cell 4. That's MY cell." Tomas demanded. 

"Congratulations boys, you've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. You're free to go." Daryl sassed. Totally off topic, but I love his sarcasm. 

"Bunch of civilians breaking into a prison got me thinking there's nothing to go to out there." The one they call 'Big Tiny' spoke up. 

"We need to treat him." Rick's voice spoke up as he walked towards us. 

"Why not take him to a hospital? You guys like wanted criminals?" Big Tiny asked.

"How long have you been in that cafeteria?" Rick asked. These guys had no clue what was happening. 

"294 days." Axel answered. That's about how long this has been going on. Damn. "Guard locked us in there, told us to 'sit tight' and that he would come back. He didn't."

"We were waiting for a rescue team. Some crazy shit about dead people coming back and eating other people." Andrew added.

"Not as crazy as thinking help is coming." Daryl said.

"What do you mean?"

"As far as we know, half of the population has been wiped out. Probably more." I explained. "Everything is down. Hospitals, military, electricity, all of it is gone."