15: The Bar in Town

Elle's P.O.V. 

I woke up to see I was in a very familiar bed. I sat up and a rag fell on my lap. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. I saw nobody, so I went upstairs where I heard voices. 

"What's going on?" I asked seeing Maggie was holding a flask.

"You feel okay?" She asked.

"I feel fine. What's going on?" I repeated.

"Beth went into shock, and Daddy is the only one who knows how to help her." She explained briefly.

"We think he went into town to grab a drink or two." Rick said. He and Glenn decided they had to go to Hatlin's bar, because Maggie said it was the closest. I grabbed a shotgun and an axe. I started to follow them.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Rick asked. 

"What does it look like?" I retorted. We saw Maggie and Glenn talking, it looked serious.

"You're not coming with." He tried.

"You're not stopping me." I crossed my arms.

"You think Glenn is okay with this?" He asked cocking his head.

"I think, Glenn isn't in charge of me." I said opening the door to the car. Rick gave up.

"Fine, but you do as you're told." He said pointing sternly at me. I nodded. We sat in the car waiting. I finally decided we had waited long enough. 

"Let's go Romeo!" I yelled to Glenn through the window. I saw him awkwardly make his way towards the car. Maggie had an unreadable look on her face. Glenn got in the passenger seat and I sat in the middle of the back, putting my feet on the center console. 

"Romeo?" Glenn asked breaking the silence.

"Uh huh." I said fixing the hat on my head. Rick chuckled. 

"Looked like a pretty serious talk. You and Maggie." Rick said. I blocked out their conversation as we drove down the long road. There were empty fields, the grass dead and not ready for the winter approaching. I was playing with the strings on my ripped jeans when Glenn said something that sparked my interest.

"Maggie said she loved me." He said. I let out a laugh.

"What's wrong with that?" Rick asked.

"Did you say it back?" I asked. Glenn gave a look that said no. "Wow. Do you love her?" I added.

"I think it's just a rush of emotions. She just went through a huge loss." Glenn tried reasoning.

"I think Maggie is smart enough to know how she feels." Rick responded. I agreed with him. After another few minutes of driving, we arrived. We parked the car and got out with our weapons ready in case something came out at us. Rick opened the door to the bar named "Hatlin's." The little bell at the top let out a small ring, announcing our presence. Sure enough, we saw Hershel sitting at the bar island, with a glass of scotch. 

"Hershel." Rick said.

"Rick. Who's with you?" He asked.

"Elle and Glenn." Rick replied.

"Maggie send him?" Hershel asked, referring to Maggie's significant other. 

"No, he volunteered." Rick answered. 

"Hes good like that." I added. Hershel nodded.

"Look, you need to come home. Beth is in some sort of shock. She needs you." Rick explained.