9: Help Them

Elle's P.O.V.

Rick, Shane, and Carl were all panicking looking over me. I was just shot, but so was Carl. He doesn't seem to care though. 

"Elle. Elle. Stay with me." I heard Rick say. His voice was muffled. My vision started getting blurry. My eyes darted back and forth trying to clear my vision, it wouldn't work. I brought my right hand to my stomach and lifted  it. I saw blood on my hand. 

"Elle. Elle! No no no!" I heard Rick say as I let my eyelids drop. 

Rick's P.O.V.

We were running. Carl was doing his best to keep up as I was running across the field carrying Elle's limp body. She was light, but she was limp. Carl grabbed his shoulder in pain. Shane was dragging the man who shot them. He told us there was a farm where a man named Hershel can help them. To be honest, I was more concerned about Elle. The bullet passed right through Carl's shoulder, he will live, just needs to be treated. But I checked Elle, and there was no exit wound. I saw a 2 story white farmhouse. There was a woman on the porch. She had short brown hair and was looking at us through binoculars.

"Daddy!" I heard her yell.

"Help her. Please help her." I begged as I climbed up the porch with Carl.

"What happened?" A man asked. I assumed he was Hershel.

"Your man shot her and my boy." I responded.

"Otis?" The brown haired lady asked. Hershel lead me to a room to set Elle down on a bed. The brown haired lady, who I learned to be Maggie, brought Carl to another room to treat his shoulder. Shane and Otis eventually caught up.

"Grab a pillow case and fold it to make a pad." Hershel instructed. I did that. She quickly bled through it. Hershel lifted up her shirt to reveal the gunshot wound. He started telling a blonde woman to get supplies. He was going to perform a surgery. 

"You might want to step out." Hershel advised. Shane and I didn't listen. We watched as he started to look for a bullet. Then the worst thing that could happen, happened. Elle's eyes shot open. She started yelling out in pain.

"Stop! You're killing her!" I yelled.

"You need to back away." The woman said. After a few minutes of hearing Elle suffering, she all of a sudden went silent. 

"What happened?" Shane asked looking at her. 

"She passed out. Her brains not getting enough blood. Does anyone know her blood type?" Hershel asked. We shook our heads. 

"Maggie!" He yelled. Maggie came running in. "Nobody knows her blood type, you're O negative, so sit." He told her. She immediately sat down as the blonde woman began the blood transfusion.

"O negative blood is a match with all blood types. What's your name?" Hershel asked us as he started to patch up Elle for now.

"Rick." I answered. I was sweating like crazy.

"Rick. We're gonna do everything we can for your girl and boy." Hershel assured me.

"Shes not mine. Shes a part of our group. Oh my God, Lori and Glenn don't know." I said turning to Shane.

"Lori and Glenn?" A girl asked. She looked no older than 16 and had blonde hair. 

"Lori is Carl's mother, Elle is closest to Glenn." Shane explained.  Maggie came out of the room and Hershel handed her a glass of orange juice. She drank it.

"Where are they?" She asked. We told her about the highway and how most of the group was in the woods looking for a group member. Maggie said she would go on a horse and tell the group where we were.