13: 'Well' Needed Help

Elle's P.O.V. 

We were now standing over one of the many wells on the Greene family's land. At the bottom, was a walker. A big one. 

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"Well, you're light enough. We were thinking we lower you down and you get this rope over the walkers body. Then we pull you out, then the walker." Andrea explained. 

"I'm cool with that." I shrugged 

"What? No! I'll go down." Glenn volunteered.

"Glenn, it's fine." I said. Glenn refused to let me go down and let Shane tie a rope around his waist. Glenn sat at the edge of the well, now contemplating what he just got himself into.

"I ever tell you I liked your haircut? You have a nice shaped head." Glenn told Shane.

"Don't worry, we'll get you out in one piece." Shane reassured him.

"Living. Once living piece. Living is the important part."

He looked worried, but he didnt want me down there. Maggie was directing us. 

"Lower." She said. The rope started to burn my hands. I was in the front of the line, slowly lowering Glenn in. Then we heard a snap. T Dog lunged at the pipe that uprooted itself. 

"Guys!" Glenn's voice echoed against the wells walls.

"Glenn!" I yelled. I grabbed the rope as it began to fall with Glenn. It pulled me to the well and slammed me against it, putting my legs into a full middle split. I ignored the tremendous amount of pain in my side and now my inner thighs. The others helped me pull him up and out of the well. 

I got rope burn on my hands, probably ripped a stitch in my side, and pulled the muscles on my inner thighs. We watched as Glenn pulled himself out of well, while being out of breath.

"You okay?" Dale asked, I looked to see I was still in a split. I shrugged. I stood up and tried to walk.

"Going down." I said before I fell forward. Maggie helped me up. 

"Back to the drawing board." Dale said, turning away.

"Says you." Glenn smiled. We all peered over the well to see he got the rope around the walker. Shane gave him a pat on the back before we all started pulling the walker out. We almost got it out. Its top half was leaning outside of the well, while the bottom was caught. We pulled a little harder, but the body tore. The whole bottom half fell back in the water. I turned around and puked.

"Let's just close that well off." Lori suggested. Maggie went to do just that. 

----------

"Hey, Rick." I said approaching him.

"You're not helping." He said putting his hand on his hip. I looked to see they were going to look for Sophia again. 

"That's not what I came over for, but good catch." I said giving him a thumbs up.

"So what is it?"

"Carl and I talked, he apologized for what he said and did. We made the agreement that the hat is his, but I get to borrow it." I explained. He nodded.

"Smart. I'm glad he came around to apologizing. I never would have expected him to say such things, so knowing that he knew what he did was wrong is good news." He said. I started to walk towards the house so they could get back to what they were doing. I saw Glenn staring at something. 

"You good?" I asked. He nodded.

"Uh huh, why?" He asked.

"You're a terrible liar, you know that? Why do you keep looking over there?" I asked pointing at the barn. 

"I like to watch Maggie come back from doing her chores." He said. I could tell something was off, but maybe it was because he was talking about Maggie.

"Dork." I chuckled before going inside. Patricia, Lori, and Carol were preparing dinner, which I heard was bound to be special tonight. I just read a book until dinner was ready. 

-----------------

Dinner was quiet. Maggie and Glenn kept sending glances at eachother. I was unsure of why they would be doing so, but I couldnt read them. 

After dinner, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

________________________________
Dork