34: Hunt

A/N: at the end of every chapter, I always leave little notes. Please read this chapters ending notes, as there is some exciting news!! Okay, read now :)

"You found all of this?" Beth asked, just as amazed Elle was when they first found all the guns.

"Yeah." Rick answered. Elle noticed something was off with the man, like he was hiding something. She didn't bring it up, as it wasn't her place to do so, but she wanted to know what was going on. She was tired, so maybe it was all in her head? Probably not, but she could use a nap.

"I'm gonna go take a nap." She announced as everyone was checking out the guns.

"You okay?" Sky asked. Elle nodded.

"Just exhausted." She answered, walking out of the room. She slowly made her way up the steps, and into her cell before throwing herself down on the bed. She covered up with the blanket, as it was slowly growing into winter and getting colder. She positioned her body comfortably before letting herself go to sleep.

_________________

She must've been asleep for a lot longer than she intended because someone had to wake her up. She woke up to someone shaking her and turned to see Beth looking down at her. "What's happening?" Elle asked as she sat up.

"Michonne and Merle went missing." Beth said quickly, causing the young teenager to quickly make her way down the stairs and into the meeting room.

"No, you can't track for shit," Daryl told Rick. It was true. "I'll go after him, you guys stay back and prepare." She learned that the Governor never said he wanted the prison, he wanted Michonne and Rick didn't want to do that. So Merle took it upon himself to take Michonne to the Governor. Nobody knows how long they've been gone, so there's no telling how far they made it to Woodbury.

"I'll go with." Elle offered. "Two trackers is better than one. I only learned from the best." She added, looking at Daryl when she said the last part. He looked to Jack.

"I have no problem with it." Jack agreed. Elle grabbed her gun off the table as they made their way out quickly. They opened the metal door and made their way over to the vehicles. Daryl quickly got his bike.

"Hop on." He said.

"Oh are we using the bike..?"

"Are you scared?"

"Yeah, yeah a little bit." He stared at the girl. "The car might be easier for when we find them." She suggested. Daryl nodded, knowing she was right. She quickly walked over to the watch tower and grabbed the keys and tossed them to him. He caught them and quickly started the car as Elle hopped in the passenger seat. The car engine started and Maggie and Carol opened the gates.

_______________

The drive was quiet for a while. But Daryl broke the silence. "Why'd you really come? I would've been just fine on my own and you know that." He asked.

"I needed to get away from that place. It's tense and stressful." She explained. It might be the end of the world, or if you're cheesy, the beginning of a new one, but she was still a teenager. All teenagers crack when their stressed and the environment is too tense. So she needed to get away. They continued to drive, following the route that Merle Dixon would've taken.

They saw that the tire marks turned at a small motel. "Must've walked from here." Elle observed, getting out of the car, as did Daryl. He looked around as well. He shook his head.