29: Who

"Who the hell are you, and what are you doing here?" The former sheriff asked the two females. They didn't answer. "He can treat you, then you're on your own." He said, pointing at Hershel.

"But you need us." The dark skinned woman spoke up. Rick turned around to meet her gaze.

"Why is that?"

"Your people," The younger girl started, looking over at the shopping baskets full of what the non-biological siblings had dropped. "They were taken." Everyone gave the girl a look, asking who had taken them.

"By the same son of a bitch who shot me." The woman said, grabbing the side of her leg, that was now stitched up, courtesy of Hershel Greene. "A young Asian man, a pretty girl, and a very young blonde. I know where he took them." People stiffened, knowing exactly who this woman was talking about. They started devising a plan to get their people back.

❃❃❃

"Jack? Is in your older brother, Jack?" Glenn asked. Elle stayed silent, just looking at the boy in front of her. He looked her up and down, covered in blood and bruises. The girl's eyes started filling up with tears as she stood there. They finally embraced eachother in a hug. The first hug they had in a year. Elle wrapped her arms around her brother's torso and buried her head into his chest.

"Cody? And-and Paul?" She asked, pulling away.

"Cody, Cody he's okay. We don't know where Paul went. He went on a run and never came back, but knowing him, he's somewhere. Alive." He smiled. "We have to get out of here." The three nodded and started to make their way out when they heard talking. Merle and the guards. "Stay here. I'm gonna hide." Jack ordered. Before anyone could respond, he ran out, closing the door behind him. They lied against the wall, as if they've been there the whole night.

They waited, they waited for the door to swing open. And it did. It swung open rather quickly, but they were storming in. They were pulled from their resting places and forced on their knees as their arms were tied behind their backs. Maggie started to cry again.

"Hey, just look at me. Look at me." Glenn tried calming her down.

"I love you." She said as a bag was put over her head. Then Glenn's head was covered. And last, but certainly not least, Elle was blinded by a bag identical to the ones placed on her friends. She could feel herself get lifted and shoved to start walking. As she could feel herself leaving the room, there was a metal like sound. Like someone dropped an empty can on the ground. But it wasn't an ordinary metal can, because metal cans don't explode like this one. The blast sent the teenager into a coughing fit, other people were coughing as well. Elle was grabbed again, and she tried fighting back.

The bag was removed from her head to reveal Daryl Dixon. He cut the ropes, freeing her arms. There was Rick, Daryl, Oscar, and an unknown woman. Elle and the couple followed their group. They were sneaking through the streets and crept into a building. They made sure it was clear. It looked like a pantry.

"Merle did this." Glenn said, signaling both his and Elle's blood and bruises.

"My brother? He's this Governor?" Daryl asked, shocked the son of a bitch was alive.

"He's his lieutenant or something." Maggie answered.

"I'm sorry, Rick. We tood him where the prison was. We couldn't hold out." Glenn apologized.