Chapter 34

(Her)

It's almost time for my date with Ezra and I'm getting ready with Elliot and Mia's help. Asher left with Selina and Noah to meet the Queen and the King like all new Lycans have to and with Mariana who left to "visit family", I don't have anyone to help me.
I don't think she's visiting family. She decided to make a two weeks road trip to meet her cousins who live in a pack 800 miles from here. Something tells me she will not arrive there... But I least I know she's fine with the sisterhood spell I did before she left.
So I'm getting ready with Elliot and Mia. I have no idea what I will wear... Selina has dropped a box for me before to leave maybe it's time for me to check on it. There is a small card on the top of the box: I wish I could be here to help you but this dress will be perfect. Enjoy your night, S. I take out the outfit. It's a red dress and indeed it's beautiful. Oh!!! There are shoes with it! For sure, Ezra will be speechless when he will see me. I'm changing in the bathroom before coming back into the room to know Elliot and Mia's opinions.
"Wow! You look like a princess." Mia is the first to comment.
"You're beautiful! I wish you would have been my mate." Elliot says making me smile.
"I'm too old for you." I tell him.
"Age doesn't count in love." He replies putting. He is so cute!
I look at the clock, it's time for me to meet Ezra in the enter. I kneel in front of them and kiss their forehead.
"I need to go. Wish my luck!" I tell them.
"Ezra is the lucky one!" Elliot comments while I'm leaving the room.
I'm surprised to see Luna Charlize, she smiles.
"Indeed Ezra is a lucky man. You look stunning Lana." She says putting a strand of my hair in place.
"Thank you, Luna." I reply blushing.
"Let not my boy wait. He has been waiting for you for 40 minutes now."
"Really but I thought he told me to meet him at 7:00!"
"He did. He's just impatient."
"Better to let him wait any longer then. Have a nice evening Luna." I reply bowing my head in respect.
"You don't have to bow, we are equals and you're already family. Enjoy your night, Lana."
"Thank you!"
I'm going down the most quietly possible because I want to see Ezra chasing one's tail. Someway he knows I'm here as he stops in his track and looks up at the stairs.
"Wow!" He whispers.
"Hey..." I tell him.
"Hi... Hey... You...I...Fuck!" He groans putting his head in his hands. I'm smiling. I like the effect I have on him. How speechless he is. This is so funny and cute. I take advantage of the fact he's not looking at me to check him out. He is so sexy and hot. Wow!!! Thank goddess, he is not looking because I'm drooling.
He clears his throat. Burn! He's totally seeing me checking him.
"Let me start again. Hey Lana, you look stunning." He says not speaking about how I was checking him out shamelessly.
"You don't look bad yourself!" I reply blushing.
"Thank you! Are you ready to go?" He asks me and I nod.
After driving for 20 minutes, we arrive close to the mirror lake. The path we need to follow is enlightened with a lot of candles. There is a tablecloth on the floor with a picnic basket in the middle, a bouquet of red flowers, and plates and glasses. This is so beautiful!
"Did you do it yourself?" I ask him mesmerized.
"Yeah... Do you like it?" He replies scratching his neck, nervous.
"I love it! This is awesome! Thank you!" I tell him.
Everything went well... It was perfect, even... He did everything by himself even the sandwiches we ate and it was good. Simple but good. We had a great time. He is easygoing and we spoke freely and he's a good listener. He is also easy to tease and now I know why Logan is teasing me so often. I rendered him speechless more than once and I have to say he's so cute when he's stuttering. My little puppy...
Anyway, Ezra being himself, he had to screw up somewhere! So here I am alone in the bed - as he is the coach, tossing, not able to sleep.
"Lana?" He whispers.
"Hmm?"
"Can you tell me what I did wrong?" He asks me.
Urg!!!! How can I don't know what he did! He is so annoying!
"Nothing..." I reply.
I turn on the light: " Don't lie to me!" He is annoyed too. He looks pissed actually.
"Do you know how long I spent to make sure everything was perfect! How stressed I am. So you could at least tell me what I did wrong." He adds when I stay silent.
"You didn't kiss me!" I reply.
"Wait! So you are pissed only for that?"
"Only for that? What kissing is nothing for you?" I reply getting up.
He sighs: " No. Of course no. It's just everything was so great I didn't want to screw everything."
"And how kissing me would have screwed our date? It was the best way to finish it!"
"What if you didn't want me to kiss you?" He says.
"As if you didn't see how many times I looked at your lips. I was dying for you to kiss me!"
" Than why didn't you kiss me?"
"Because! I prefer the old way. You're the man, you're the one who initiates the kiss! So why?" I yell.
"Because I never kissed anyone before!" He yells back.
"What?! Really?!" I comment surprised. He shrugs not looking at me.
"So you're scared to be a bad kissed?" I ask.
"No! Maybe... I just wanted everything to be perfect." He replies.
"Ezra?" I say waiting for him to look at me but he's clearly testing my patience because he's looking down. After an eternity, he finishes looking at me so I jump in his arms and kiss him. He is surprised by my action but soon he's kissing back. Mmmm...
"Wow... You were worrying about nothing." I comment, making him smile.
"Are you sure? Maybe we should try again to be sure." He says and before I can reply, he is kissing me again. And we kiss until we are both out of breath.
"Was it your first kiss too?" He asks me.
"Does a stolen kiss count?"
"You stole a kiss to someone! Who? Tell me it's not Asher or I'm going to kill him. Wait, did you ever play doctor with him?"
I laugh.
"Reply Lana, this is not funny!"
I shake my head: " I never played this kind of doctor with Asher and I didn't steal a kiss. Someone stole me a kiss."
"Who?" He asks looking angry.
"Jonas."
"Jonas? As my future head of security? Possible head of security, I mean. Not sure about me choice anymore. I'm going to kill him!" He replies even angrier.
"We're 9 and it was a bet. I kicked him in the balls for that. So just forget it."
"Just forget it. Pfff, as if!"
"Erza?"
"Yes?"
"Shut up and kiss me again!"
It has been 2 weeks since our first date and everything is great. The only thing bothering me is he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend or anything official... That idiot! Something tells me, I will have to it for him! He is supposed to be the one asking! I'm studying in our room while he has a last-minute meeting.
"Hey!" He says entering the room. He looks preoccupied.
"What's wrong?" I ask, worried.
"Mari has disappeared. She didn't arrive at her cousin's pack and her phone is off... We don't where she could be..." He sighs.
"She is fine." I reply.
"We don't know."
"I know..."
"How could you when we don't?"
"I told you a few weeks ago that she was acting weird. So when she told me she was leaving, I stole a drop of her blood and did a sisterhood spell. If she is in any danger, I will feel it."
"You felt she was not going somewhere else. Why did you do the sisterhood spell?" He questions.
" She saved my life. She took an arrow for me. She didn't even think about her before jumping in front of me to protect me. I own her so it's my way to repay it."
"Can you know where she is?"
"I could but I won't. She needs this time alone."
"Please!" He begs.
"Not now. If I find out where she is, in the next minute you and her family will go after her. But If we don't have any news in a few weeks I will check on her."
"His family will not let that go."
"They don't know we're connecting and they will not know." I shrug.
"What tell you I will not tell them?"
I smirk: " Because you have too much to lose!"
He shakes his head: " You're really annoying sometimes!"
"It's part of my charm." I shrug.