Chapter 49

(Him)

Today is the day I will finally kill that bastard and free my mate from his influence. I can feel Liv's worries but I'm not. I've been training for that moment for months now, with Lycans. I'm stronger and bulkier than before I started my training. We are meeting in a neutral land 3 hours away from our pack. The good thing with witches is you can be there in a few seconds so we don't need to wake super earlier to be there on time.

When we enter the common lunchroom of the packhouse, I can see my mother worries who are matching Liv's ones. She comes to hug me before to hug Liv. We're all taking our breakfast together as it's the tradition here before a big event. The ambiance is pretty calm and I can feel the trust of my pack toward me. They are all supporting us and it's warming me up. We still have 2 hours before the challenge so let's enjoy the food!

We arrived 20 minutes before the meeting and Liv is trying to stay calm. The official story is she was found when she was 5 and she doesn't have any memories of what happened to her before. Julia, who has adopted her, called her Lana. And her wolf is dormant which is pretty rare in our world but not impossible. So here she is focusing on staying calm and not released that she actually remembers anything. She needs to be able to keep her cool in front of Alpha Will. I know she will even if she doubts. Selina did something to her wolf before we left to avoid that Alpha Will could connect to her when we will meet him. Logan, Angie, Noah and she are not here as the royals can't be officially involved but they are not so far and they will be able to see everything thanks to Noah. Asher and Mari are here but they're hiding his Lycan's aura, Selina taught them how to. My parents are here too of course, with Leo and Asher's parents. Hope is here too but she keeps a low profile. After a week with her, I kind of like her. She is weird and crazy but she has a golden heart.
A few minutes later, Alpha William joined us. He did come alone as he's accompanied by Alpha Bill and Luna Phoebe, aka Liv's parents. I look at Liv's face but she stays emotionless as I know she will be able to even if I feel all her mixed feelings through our bond. My wolf is quiet but so present in my mind, we are one man right now.

"Alpha William, who are your witnesses?" I ask him.

"Future Alpha Erza, This is Alpha Bill Forry and his Luna Phoebe." He replies. Both of them can't take their eyes off Olivia.

I nod: " My witnesses are Alpha Elijah and Luna Charlize. And This is my mate Lana Sundale." I present my witnesses as it's the custom.

He nods at them.

"Now that the challenge will be starting in a few minutes, may I know for what you are challenging me?" I ask him even if I already know the answer.

" I want my second chance mate back, Olivia Forry." He says.

"I don't know who you are talking about?" I reply, acting surprised.

" Your mate is lying to you, her real name is Olivia Sarah Forry, and the day I met her I knew she was my second chance mate! She even already bears my mark." He says.

I take a deep break, we need to keep our cool! I remember myself and my wolf. Soon we'll be testing his blood.

Then he looks at Olivia and says: " It's time to go home Sarah, by my side where you really belong."

I can feel how petrified she is inside but she shows nothing: " My only mate is Ezra, you made a mistake Alpha William. I have never met you before." She says looking confused.

She is good! She is really good! I'm so proud of her.

"This is your real parents! You will tell me you don't recognize them? You look a lot like your mother, you can't deny that." He tells her.

"You're right, this woman is looking like me but they are just strangers for me. Again I belong to Ezra only." She replies calmly.

"No, you belong to me! You were made for me!" He scrolls coming closer to her.

I growl, putting her in my back. In a second Asher and Hope are on her size. Phoebe gasps in surprise.

"Don't you dare come close to her!" I tell him.

He looks at Hope and says: " You! I should have known you would be involved. You love to get your nose in everybody else's business! Once I killed that mutt you're next!"

"As if you can kill me, William." She snorts.

He's furious. Hope told me that he was losing his temper easily and that I should play on that. Apparently, she's already doing it for me

He growls: " Let's start now, shall we?"

"Oh yes!" I say starting to walk in the ring.

"Kill that son of a bitch! You're my only Alpha and the only one I belong to. I love you!" Liv mindlinks me.

"I will my Luna. I love you!" I reply.

Once the signal is given, we start to circle each other, both to gauge our opponent. I already know that his left ankle is weaker, as Hope told me he injured it badly a few years ago. She kept tabs on him for years now to be able to protect Liv she told me. But a few weeks ago, she had no memories of Liv being alive so I think she was spying on him to find the best moment to kill without putting Phoebe's life in danger. Still, she gave a lot of useful information about him. Because of her, I also know he is ambidextrous and a strong fists with his two hands. The last time he fought another Alpha was when he fought Liv's father 24 years ago while I'm fighting with Lycans every day for weeks now.

I can feel my wolf's patience running low, so I launch at him. He dodges it easily but I'm already launching my second attack before he can find his balance again and this time my right fist hits his temple making fall. He gets up and flows toward me, his claws out trying to reach out my throat but I'm too fast for him. My fist slammed into his haw and he spits some blood before turning into his wolf.

I stay in my human form but I can feel my wolf giving his force. How is doing that? I can feel that he wants the control, so I let him take a part of it. We are both in control and I don't even know it was possible. Time to tease that bastard.

I laugh: "You're so pathetic! How can you think you deserve a mate as beautiful as Liv. Look at you already in your wolf form because you can match me in your human form!"

He growls and launches at me. I dodge his wolf easily ever if he scratches my arms with his claws. He's faster now in his wolf form but he's still too slow for me. He tries to bite me but I catch his jaws before he can and I break it. He cries before retreating but I don't let him. I block his wolf and sit on him. I encircle his head with my arms.

"He deserves to suffer so much more for what you have done but you don't worth another second of my time!" I whisper to his ears before breaking his neck. Liv screams in my back and I turn my head to look at her.

She was not supposed to feel him die, what's going on? In a second, I'm in front of her.

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly. My voice is still deeper as my wolf still has a part of the control.

She nods, her eyes are closed. I take her in my arms.

"It's over! Thank you!" She whispers.

"Why did you feel his death?" I ask.

"Because I wanted to. I needed to. I don't want to live with his shadow and the best way to prevent that was to feel him die. My wolf and I know he will never come back." She explains.