Chapter 33

(Him)

I'm walking through the university. I'm alone, Logan stays at the packhouse because Mari is leaving to visit family and he wants to spend the morning with her. We don't know when she will be back as she wants to heal from her rejection. I can't believe she accepted Asher's rejection. Mates are precious for all of us, it's how they are taught in our pack. Thinking about mates makes me think about mine and the fact I shared my bed with Lana for the first time.

"Second time." My wolf corrects.

"The first time didn't count because we didn't let her the choice. Also this time, she's the one who asked!"

I loved it! I need to find a way to share my bed with her all time. Maybe I should break my sofa... Still, I want her to want it...

"Hey, Bro, Lana is avoiding me. Do you know what I did wrong?" Asher asks me as we meet in a corridor at the university.

"Walk with me or I will be late." I reply and he nods and walks by my side.

"She had a dream last night. Rather a memory from her mother. It's when she arrived in the pack. You were there and her mother made you promised you will become friends with her. She even tried to make you swear it on your blood. So she thinks that you became friends only because of that. And also the drama with Mari wouldn't have happened if you weren't friends."

"What?! Are you sure it's real? Because I have no memories of that."

"Yes... I saw it too. I can't explain why and how but I know it really happened. When she dreams about memories it's different."

"But even if it's true. I'm not friended with her because of something I don't even remember."

"I know. I tried to tell her. In that memory, your wolf was already bonding with her."

"Really?"

I nod.

"Maybe he already had recognized his Luna. It would not be the first time in history that a Gamma wolf bonded to his Luna even before he knew she was his Alpha's mate." I add.

"Really?" I say surprised.

"True, you were not a keen student in History. Yes, when a future Luna is in danger or in need, the Gamma's wolf bonded with her even before his humans recognized her as his Luna. And it was Lana's case." He explains.

He shakes his head and tells me: " When I think about your behavior and me bonding with her... It's so obvious that she was your mate all along. I don't even know how I could have missed it!"

"We all missed it." I reply.

"Still... Anyway thanks for the explanation. Now I need to find her." He told me.

"Wait! Lana told me you will be turned in two days."

"Yeah. We will be sleeping at Lina and Tom's house. And by we, I mean Lana will come too."

"I know... I'm not keen at the idea of her not sleeping in my bed." I reply.

"You can come too."

"We will see. I have my date to prepare. Everything needs to be perfect Saturday night."

"As you wish. See you later." He replies and we hug before splitting.

My classes just ended and while I was walking toward my car, I smelt Lana's scent, coming from the woods. So I decided to follow it. Oh, how I missed her scent. I'm so glad she's not hiding it anymore! I stop in my tracks when I see her with Asher.

"Come on Lana, I can't feel guilty about something you didn't do." He tells her.

I hide better to be sure they will not see me.

"How can you even look at me? I'm so ashamed of what I did to you!" She replies.

"First you didn't do anything and secondly it was my choice to become your friend not because someone forced me but because I wanted to."

"You should be angry with me! Without me, you will be happily mated and you will still be Gamma. No wonder why you lied so easily for me."

"Don't Lana! All I did was because of my choices, nothing else."

She shakes her head and looks away.

"Without you, my life would have to be boring. I would have might be mated with Mariana but I would have never felt alive like I do because of you. You pushed me to always go farther. I would have never become friends with Lycan, be on crazy missions, discover how dance is awesome and that Sirens are more sex driven than us werewolves. Even If your mother forced me, I don't want to change a thing about my life. I love it and it's because of you."

Lana chuckles: " You know Morgana is still asking when she will see you again. She really wants to repay you with sex."

Asher shivers: "Beurck! How do you know that?"

"I'm still in contact with Prince Azul."

"Who the hell is this fucking Prince Azul?!" My wolf asks, jealous.

"I have no idea but we need to find out!" I reply as jealous as he is.

"I love you, Lana. You're the sister I never had. You doubting our friendship is killing me." He tells her.

"Sorry... I just know I make your life harder."

"Maybe but you make it better too." He replies.

"He's a good Gamma." My father mindlinks me.

"I know but he will become a Lycan in 2 days..." I reply.

"Wait... How do you know?" I ask before he replies.

"I saw you going into the woods so I followed you. I'm just on your back."

Damn! I was too focused on their discussion that I didn't even realize he was here. Lucky, it was not a rogue. Well, I would have smelt him.

"He is becoming a Lycan on Friday?! Do his parents know?" He asks me

"Yes and I don't know... Do you think I should give him back his position? We both know Clint doesn't want it." I ask him.

"I think he deserves it but I don't what to think about him becoming a Lycan. That means we will not have any power over him."

"I know... This is why I don't know what to do."

"Then we wait and see." He tells me.

"Yeah..."

"Let's go before they saw us."

Yes, Lana would kill me! I don't want to give her a reason to let me sleep on the couch .