Chapter 18

(Another Her - Selina)

We have been here for 3 days now and I don't know what happened but Ezra, the future Alpha, is not back yet. He had a forced shift on our first day here and nobody wants to tell us the reason for this shift. I'm sure he will be back soon. He can't stay away from Lana longer. Even more, than she is lying in a hospital bed. But it's annoying to not know what happened exactly. I'm a noisy Lycan.

Tom and Emily are still in the Black Wolf pack but everything is going well. The death of Alpha Nathan was taking pretty good and his pack is not that hostile to us Lycans or maybe they can't anymore as they know they don't stand a chance. Nevertheless, everything is going well for them and it's the most important.

For the past few days, we learned a lot about Asher, about his mate or ex-mate Marianna. He was always shy about it but now that we are here, he told us everything. What she did and how he finished by rejecting her. We saw her and she looked miserable but at the same time what was she expecting acting as she did. We also pushed him to make peace with his brother and his parents. And now he went to discuss with them and hopefully making peace.

Noah is still disturbed by the link he shares with Lana. When I asked him why he didn't felt it before he explained to me like a smell she was blocking everything out. He can only feel it now because she doesn't have enough energy to block it. He's sure that as soon as she will wake up she will re-block everything. About who she really is, he checked on himself - because he still doesn't want to involve his family - and officially his cousin died when she was five in a fire. All the packhouse burned that day. But he has no doubt in his mind and his heart the Lana is his "dead" cousin. Her Father is Bill Forry and her mother is Pheobe Warren, aka Melinda's little sister, aka Noah's aunt. Her father is the Alpha of the Dark Blood Pack and she has two brothers Jonas the future Alpha who is 21 and her twin brother Knox. Noah refused to tell me her name because he is afraid to reveal her real name will also reveal the fact she is not dead. He and his mother are really superstitious. I could easily find out the information by myself but I'm respecting my mate's beliefs. So I will not dig even the suspense is killing me.

We didn't share the information with anyone yet. We will share it with Tom and Emily but not by phone. I want to see Tom's face. Even if she's not a real cousin, I know he will see her like she's... As for Asher, we didn't tell him because he is close to her so she should be the one telling him when she's ready. And also because for some reason, his pack doesn't trust us and we don't want them to know that for now. Don't trust the one who doesn't trust you. More people will know more the risk is bigger for the secret to being revealed. Moreover, they are busy looking for the traitor, which means one of their pack's members is not trustworthy. For Alpha Nathan to be able to attack the packhouse as he did only means he had some inside help. So tell them Lana's real identity is too risky. Her safety comes first.

Asher just let us know Ezra is back and is already in Lana's room. Noah and I hope to speak with him so we're going to meet him in Lana's room. When we arrive in front of her room, Asher is waiting for us outside.

"He's not in a good mood. He still very aggressive and he has difficulty getting a hold of his wolf." He tells us.

"I don't know what happened but he didn't come back because he calmed down but because he can't stay away from his mate any longer." Noah explains.

"Let's go inside and find some answers." I say.

Asher grimaces: " He forbidden any Lycans in Lana's room."

"So what? As if he can order a Lycan. And not any Lycan, ME!" I scoff.

"I don't want you here!" He growls at me. Indeed he doesn't have any control over his wolf.

Noah growls back and pushes me behind him when he sees Ezra's aggressive posture: " Don't you dare speak to her like that! You should kneel in front of her."

"Everybody calm down now!" I order. They both comply when they feel my aura surrounding them.

"May I know what is your problem with us? We're just here to help." I ask the young Alpha.

"Stop Lying! You will not take her away from me!" He replies, making no sense.

"I don't want to take her away from you. You're her mate for goddess shake!"

"I know one of your friends marked her." He says. Asher gasps in my back.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"She has a bite mark on her shoulder, almost where I will mark her. And see the size of the bite, it's only can be a Lycan's mark."

"That's impossible!" I say looking at Lana's left shoulders. Indeed she has a bite mark. A big one! No wonder why she's always hiding her shoulders with her tops. I'm furious and I can feel my eyes turning black. I growl.

"When did she arrive in your pack?" I ask looking at Ezra.

"Answer my question young Alpha!" I add when he's not replying.

"When she was 5, a few days after her birthday." Asher replies.

"I need to call my mother!" I say.

"Sunshine, you swore they will not be involved until we know more. "

"What's going on?" Asher asks.

"Look at my neck. See my mark, this is a Lycan's mark! This is something 1000 times worst. Now I know why she is hiding and why she needs to stay hidden. This is bigger than what we think Noah! They will not get involved but my mother needs to know and I need her advice. Trust me, love. Please!"

"You know I do. Let's call your parents and you explain it to me." Noah replies.

"Do you love her?" I ask Ezra.

"Yes, I do. I will do anything for her." He replies with no hesitation or doubt.

"Good. That what I wanted to hear. You can help her to wake up faster by sharing with her your vital energy. I did it once and I have to tell you it's painful but she will wake up in a few days."

"Then we do it." He says again with no hesitation.

"Good. Noah does it while I call my mother. After meeting me in the Alpha's office. It would be nice if you two would join us."