Bonus

(Another him - Asher)

I've really tried, I mean I'm trying to forget her, but she's always in my mind... never letting me alone! It has been months since the last time I saw her. The day she had accepted my rejection. I was still a werewolf at this time and had no idea she was my true soulmate. I still don't know what to think about it... I really wanted to move on but she is still very in my mind. To not see her and know how she's doing is not helping. I know I've just learned she is missing!

I need to know what is going on with Mariana. Ezra called her friend who she's staying with and she's missing for 2 days now! I know as I've rejected her, and her parents don't want me to be involved but I need to know if she's in danger! I'm stronger than them, I can help her! If only I know where she is. This is so annoying! This is how I find myself spying on them.

I don't like the idea of her staying with a bear shifter but for sure he's mated. Why does she need to check her ankle? She is a werewolf, it's already healed! The same, an avalanche can be dangerous for a werewolf but lethal never. Moreover, a Beta's daughter. She is strong. That doesn't make any sense! I succeeded to stop my growl when I heard that stupid bear shifter is falling for my mate. I don't want them to know I'm spying on them. I lost all my control when I heard Ezra say he asked her to become his mate! How dares he? I'm going to kill him! This time I can't stop my growl but it doesn't matter anymore.

"What did you just say?" I ask Ezra once I joined them.

"That he asked her to become his mate. Why? Do you have a problem with that?" Logan replies instead.

"Yes! Last time I checked you didn't want to hear about her. Maybe it's a good thing for her to find someone who wants to become her mate." Beta Leo adds.

I growl. My Lycan wants that bear shifter's blood! He can go find his own mate. How dares he steal someone else's mate!

"I don't know why this is disturbing you so much, Asher. You've rejected each other and after all the bad blood between you and my daughter, your relationship is over repairable." Bea comments.

"My mate is right. You both need to move on. We let her go for that reason. Maybe this is the occasion for you to move on too and find another mate. Moreover, in her condition, she's lucky someone wants her as a mate." Beta Leo says.

"What condition?" I ask. She is a beautiful she-wolf whoever she chooses to mate with is lucky!

I turn toward Lana when nobody is replying. She's looking at her feet.

"Lana?" I still can't call her Olivia, for me it's still Lana.

She looks at me and sighs: "Her wolf died due to your rejection and the arrow she took to protecting me."

"WHAT!? And why didn't I learn that before?!" I scream and I can see Ezra and Logan taking a defensive position in front of her. As if I'm going to hurt her. I'm furious but she's my best friend and my Luna!

"Because you're not part of her life anymore! The deal I have with both of you is to never speak about what the other one is doing. You because you're still angry and you can't forgive her, her because it's too painful... The real question now is what do you really want? It's either you let her go or you forgive her and find your place back into her life." She replies

I can't let her mate someone else. This is just impossible but she's right. I can't be selfish and forbid Mariana to her own happiness and at the same time refuse to mate her.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"I will not tell you." She replies.

"I chose Lana. She is mine! I don't know how we will fix our relationship but you and I both know it's just a matter of time before I'm mating her. She is my true soulmate, so even if she's mated to someone else when I find her, I will still claim her." I tell her.