Chapter 21

(Him)

Lana is returning to the pack house today. I still didn't see her yet. It's hurt us that she had a panic attack because of me... So I prefer to stay away for her. Still, she didn't ask for me nor to see me. I'm also scared she will reject me. My wolf whispers at the idea. We are both really stressed by the situation and I will let him out when I will have finished my job.

Yesterday, we found who the mole was and as he's a 23 years old warrior I was the one who had to decide his sentence. When my father asked him why he betrayed us, he explained his mate was a rogue. They met in the pack's border while she was spying on us. He tried to convince her to join us but when she refused, he decided to betray us to prove his loyalty to her. I just banned him and my father found it was not enough. It's true that without Lana, they would have been able to kill mom and hurt inocent people, Elliot included, but I will do anything for my mate to accept me so I can understand.

An hour later, I finished all my works, study and pack and I can finally go for a run. As we're running for some times now, I feel that my wolf wants to take over so I let him. As soon as he has the control, he turns left and starts to follow is own path.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, curious.

He just ignores and keep going. After a moment, I recognize our surroundings, we are close to Jane's old house, aka Lana's house. What are we doing here? Why did he want to come here? When I hear someone sighing in the house, I understand. She is here and before I can protest he's already in. We find her in her room. She jumps when she sees us but before she can react he jumps on her.

When he feels her fear, he whispers and licks her face. First she is shocked and after she laughs. It's only now that I understand! Last time he saw her was when we realized she was our mate and she was dying. He needs to feel her and to see her.

"One of your paws his black, it looks like you're wearing only one sock. This is so cute!" She says making him growl as he doesn't like to be called cute.

"I'm sorry we're mates." She adds after a few minutes of silence making us cry.

I wish I could speak with her and tell her how I'm not sorry to be her mate and how I want her to be by my side until my last breath.

"You're so majestic. You're as white as snow... You're just breath taking." She comments caressing my head and making me pur. Thank god Logan is not here or I will not finish to hear about that.

"Not as much as your wolf." My wolf replies even if she can hear us.

She laughs:" I don't even know how she looking like. Maybe she just plain."

"No, she will not!" My wolf replies so sure of it.

"We will see."

Wait she is hearing him! How it's even possible?

"I don't know and I don't care. I'm just happy I can speak with her." My wolf replies only for me.

"I'm proud you're my mate." He tells her.

She sighs: "How could you when I'm tainted and will only bring death and destruction over your pack."

"Our pack. And I know you will bring peace and happiness."

"You don't know what you're talking about. Humans are stupids and cruels. It would have been so simple of we were only wolves."

"I wouldn't mind to stay in this skin. I can't wait to meet your wolf!"

"I don't know if it will be possible one day."

One day, we will! My wolf and I swear to ourselves. We spend an hour with her before she has to go meet Noah. He will stay here a few weeks to train her. Even if him and Lina are not staying in the pack house anymore. They have a house a few miles away for our territory.

On my way back to the packhouse, I can feel the happiness and satisfaction of my wolf.

"You tricked me! I would have never let you the control of I knew what you wanted to do!" I tell him.

"Sorry but I needed to see her by myself." He replies not apologitic at all.

I sigh:" I know this is why I let it go for this time. But don't make it an habit."

"You know me!"

Yeah... and this is the problem. And for the next two weeks every time he has the control over our body, he is running to see her. And that's annoying when we are avoiding each other in human skin!

We're playing pool with Logan, Asher ans Lina while Lana and Noah are training together. Lina is a good player but when she's pissed off she's using too much of her strength and missing her shuts. So for the last half hour Logan and I are teasing her and after losing the two last games, finally we're winning. We have a lot of fun! So much fun that I don't hear two new people entering the game room and when I turn my back I'm surprised to be face to face with Lana.

"Hey..." I say with a weird voice.

"Hi Ezra." She replies smiling but not looking at me directly.

"How... What... Do.... I...You... hmm" I stutter and to make the things even worst I start to open and close my mouth like a fish gasping for air. Kill me know!

"Nevermind!" She says leaving the room.

"I agreed to help you but come on bro. This! Are you serious?" Asher says chucking.

Logan laughs and adds: " The big bad Alpha... Just a little pup in front of his mate."

"Fuck off!" I reply annoyed.

"I am the big bad Alpha. And you still asking me why I sneaking behind your back to see her. Duh! At least, I'm not losing it when we are with her and forget how to speak."

"Shut up too!" I reply blocking him.