Chapter 10

(Her)

The life is the pack's house is pretty cool. I always saw myself as a lone wolf while I'm actually not at all. Werewolves are social beings and lone werewolves are rare, but as I'm half-witch, I thought I was different and more a solitary one. Well, I was totally wrong! With Ash, we are giving dance classes every Tuesday and this is so fun. Every week we have new students and now we almost have as many boys as girls. Ash has now his own fan club and I love to tease him about him.

He is still struggling with the fact he lost the Gamma position and has stopped to speak to Logan and Ezra. I feel so sorry for him because it's my fault... I wish I could something about it. I didn't speak with his parents yet and with Clint... Well, it always has been complicated with Clint, and now it's even worst. The same with Mariana, she didn't even thank him for saving her. And every time she sees my she is looking at me like I was a monstrosity. But I think Alpha Elijah forbade her to say anything about my secret. As every time we meet, we are not alone, there is nothing that she can say.

Every time Ezra is speaking at me, I called him Alpha and it's like it's annoying him which totally fine with me. Logan is trying to befriend me and Ash but Ash is ignoring him. He is a nice guy actually. His parents spoke to Ash too about his mate situation. They are trying to knock some senses in her but so far it's not working. They asked him to be patient and not to give up on her. But more the time passes more it's painful for him and that worries me. Can't she see this is not going to end well?

I'm wearing that stupid bracelet for 4weeks now and it's fine. I'm getting tired faster and I can't do a lot of magic but at least I still maintained the minimum. I'm safe for now... Even I'm feeling dizzy more and more often now.

I checking my watch and I realize that I have to go. I promised to Elliot and Mia that I will play with them after their naps. Elliot is... Well, he is Erza's little brother, but instead of being an ass, he is just the cutest little boy I have ever met! Mia is one of his friends and she is just a princess. Asher stays in the university to train in their gym as he doesn't want to train here anymore.

"My Lana!" Elliot says jumping in my arms.

"Hey, Elliot! Did you sleep well?" I ask kissing his forehead and he nods.

"What do you want to do?" I ask them as Mia just joins us.

"Can we make gingerbread men and unicorn cookies, please? Mia asks me with her sweet little voice.

"Sure! To the kitchen then!" I reply and they are both jumping happily.

We're the three of us in the kitchen the cookieson the oven. I'm wahing what we used while Elliot and Mia are drawing on the kitchen table. The alarm rings meaning the cookies are readay. Yummy! I open the oven's door and take the cookies out when Suddenly my head starts spinning and and before I cau understand what's going on I see black dots. I just have time to drop the baking sheet on the kitchen corner before everything goes black.

"Goddess! Lana! Lana, do you hear me?" I hear someone says from far.

When I finally succeed to open my eyes, I see Logan. Where I am? I was taking out the cookies. Oh no! The oven's door is still open, it's dangerous for Elliot and Mia. Oh....My head!

"Ouch!" I mutter.

"Yeah, you fainted and hit your head pretty hard." He explains. I look over his shoulder to see that the oven's door is closed. Phew!

"Lana! You scared me!" Elliot says hugging me. Oh lightheaded, lightheaded! I block my breath too sacred I will throw up.

"I should bring you to my mom. You don't look great and your head is bleeding." Logan says.

"Oh my Goddess, Lana! You're bleeding! What happened here?" Ezra says running into the kitchen.

Oh no! He is coming toward me. No, no, no! I can't touch me. He can't! He would feel the sparks, I'm too weak to block them! Thanks goddess the spell blocking my smell is still working even if I fainted. When I see him keeping walking around me, I retreat until my back hit a wall. Shit, I see black dots again. Breathe slowly Lana, try to calm your raging heart. I tell to myself.

Elliot comes in front of me, his left hand up in front on him: "Stop! You're scaring her!"

"Move Elliot! I just want to check if she is okay." Ezra orders.

"No! My Lana is scared of you."

Ezra laughs: "Your Lana, I don't think so!" His eyes are changing, his wolf is trying to take the control.

"Ezra calm down bro! Control your wolf. What's wrong with you?" Logan says.

"It's always the same with you Lana! I never did anything to you! I'm not a bully nor a player still you always look at me like I'm the pledge! What's wrong with you?" He says looking at me. His voice is deeper as his wolf is on the verge to have control over their body.

"I don't have any problem with you, Alpha." I reply not looking at his eyes.

"You know. I'm grateful that you're not my mate. You would have been only a burden."

I flinch at his words and my tears start to fall. I don't have the force to hold them.

"Enough Ezra!" Alpha Elijah says with authority.

"So you can hold your own battles, you have to call for daddy!" Ezra reprimand his brother.

That makes Alpha Elijah growls:"Out, Now! You might be 19 but I still can ground you! Leave before to say another word you will regret later. Don't come back until you have a hold of your wolf!"

Erza just runs out of the kitchen. Elliot comes to hug me.

"I will protect you form him." He whispers making me melt.

I try to get up but failed.

"Bring her to your mother Logan." Alpha Elijah orders. Logan nods before to lift me up and keeping me in his arms. I'm not comfortable but it's not like I can walk by myself.