The truth (1)

(Another her - Hope's memories)

Phoebe, she needs me! I can feel it! I need to find her. I'm focusing on our sister bond to find her and to reach her. She is crying alone in the middle of the woods.

"Phoebe! What's going on?" I say, kneeling in front of her. She launches in my arms.

"You're here! You came!" She whispers, still crying.

"Of course, I'm here. You know I always will!" I reply, stroking her back.

"I did something terrible, Hope! And I don't know what to do anymore."

"Can you tell me what you did?" I ask her.

"No... He has forbidden me to speak about it. I'm so ashamed!" She replies.

I sigh: "You don't have to follow his order. You're his Luna so his equal and moreover you're a witch, not a werewolf!"

"You know I always follow his orders. You might not like it but it's my choice! So respect it."

"Sorry, I just feel this time, it's big. And I want to help you! Can you make an exception?" I ask.

She shakes her head.

"Is it about his challenge against Alpha William?" I ask and she starts to cry harder again.

"He knew about Bill's weakness... About his parents and what they did..." She whispers.

Suddenly, I have an idea.

"Dream about it!"

"I don't know if I can..."

"Does someone will be in danger because of what happened?" I ask and she looks away.

"I need to know if not how can I help you?"

She sighs: "Fine, let's go sleep."

*************************************************** * * *****************************************

I can see Phoebe looking at Bill fighting against Alpha William and it's not going well. She has 2 big bracelets around her wrists... Aconitum napellus! Bill has low self-esteem because of his parents and what they did to him. Phoebe healed him but he still needs to prove himself that he can do it by himself. This is why sometimes he puts that stupid bracelet around her wrists to be sure she will stay out of his fights. I find it stupid but I also know where he comes from... Moreover, she accepts it. They are mates so if I don't understand as far as they both agreed, it's not my business!

Anyway back to the fight, it doesn't look good for Bill... I don't understand why he is a really good fighter normally.

"This is cheating!" He says to Alpha William.

"No, it's not! During a fight, you can't wolfsbane but no rules say anything about peanuts. It's funny how just a little peanuts butter makes you weak, Bill..." He replies.

"How did you know?" Bill asks.

"That you're allergic to peanuts. Our parents were friends and your father told how he forced you to eat peanuts, hoping it will heal you but only making things worse as now even touching something who was in contact with peanuts makes you weak. Do you know how ashamed he was? How many times he told me he hoped to have a son like me." Alpha William says.

"This is why you challenged me? Because you know you will win using my weakness."

"No, I promised your father I will kill you before you can take control of his pack. And I will keep that promise." Alpha William replies, extending his claws and sinking them in Bill's chest. Bill is coughing blood and looks in so much pain.

Phoebe screams and runs towards them.

"Please, don't!" She begs.

"You're as useless as he is! Do you feel how I'm holding your mate's heart? Is it painful?" Alpha William asks her with a sinister smile.

She screams in pain again as he's squeezing Bill's heart. I wish I could do something! This is horrible!

"Please, I will do anything!" She begs again.

"I need a mate but you will never be faithful to me... You love him too much. I want your daughter as my mate."

"What?! Are you crazy?" Phoebe says.

"It's the price of your mate's life. Choose now, my patience is running low."

"Fine! Please don't kill him!" She is crying.

"Swear it on your blood! You will also swear to protect me until my heir is old enough to become an Alpha." He orders her.

"Having my daughter is not enough!" She replies.

"Do you really think you're in a position to negotiate? Don't make me lose you my time, stupid witch!" He says.

The decor changed, Phoebe and Bill are in a hospital room now. Bill in bed while Phoebe is sitting next to him.

"What have you done!" He asks her with disgust.

"I saved your life!" She replies.

"At what cost! We are now slaves to his desire and I will have a daughter that I can't love!"

"I'm his slave, I'm the one who has bonded my life to his! I did this because I love you! I can't see my life with you!" She says.

"As if you can defeat any Alphas who will challenge him! He has no mate and no heir! I will be challenging more than any Alpha! I will never forgive you! Do you understand?" Bills tells her his voice full of venom.

"And I forbid you to say a word about that to anyone, especially to Hope. We will find a story about our alliance with that asshole but after this day we will never speak about it anymore! Is it clear?" His voice is so cold.

"Crystal!" Phoebe replies.

**********************************************************************************************

"Now you know..." Phoebe tells me when I wake up.

"I will find a way to help you!" I tell her with determination. I know I will.

"Are you not ashamed of me?" She asks.

I shake my head: " I will do anything for my mate, you know that. You saw that and he has rejected me."

"What mate? He will never forgive me..."

"You don't know that. He needs time." I tell her.

"No, he's not looking at me the same way. Something broke inside him. Something I can't fix this time."

I don't know what to reply.

"Will you protect her from Alpha William please?" She asks me.

"But it could kill you!" I tell her.

"I know but I don't want that life for her. Please, Hope."

"Fine, I will! And I will find a way to do it without killing you." I reply.

"Thank you! I don't say a word to anyone. I know you're close to Anna-Lynn but if Lycans are involved it will be the end of me and Bill and I love him too much!"

I have been looking for a solution for months now. Enzo is helping me. He just doesn't know what the problem is. This is what I like about him, he never asks questions. He's trusting me enough to know that I gave him all the information I can.

"Do you swear anything to her?" Enzo asks me.

I shake my head, so he adds:

"I think you will have to break your sisterhood bond to protect her. If you do what you have to do without telling her anything, she will not be involved so she is technically not breaking her blood engagement. Breaking your bond is an extra security, people will not know it's you if you're not close anymore."

"You're right, I just have to find an excuse to break our bond..." I mutter.

"Yes and it will be better if the idea is coming from her."

I nod. This idea is breaking my heart but I will do anything to protect her and her future daughter.