LXXXI

[Prophet and Loss]

OCEAN BED – NIGHT

The Ma'lak box sat at the bottom of the ocean floor. There was a banging sound from the inside.

INTERIOR – MA'LAK BOX

Dean was banging his hands against the box. Water leaked in from the top of the box, as he pushed his bloody hands against it. The box creaked. "No. No!" Dean continued to bang his hands against the box several times. "Sam! Kennedy! Nadia! Robert! Sam! Kennedy! Nadia! Robert!"

Dean looked at his phone. It lost its charge. "No, no, no, no! What? Sam? Kennedy? Nadia? Robert? Sammy? Kendy? Nadia? Robert? Sammy! Kendy! Nadia! Robert!"

MOTEL ROOM – NIGHT

Dean woke up from his nightmare. Sam came out from the bathroom. "Oh, hey. Didn't mean to wake you. Sorry."

"No, it's just a... bad dream. It's fine."

"You want to talk about it?"

"No, I'm – No, I'm okay."

Sam nodded his head.

"What're you doing? Why don't you get some sleep?" Dean asked.

Sam sat down on the bed opposite from Dean. "You know, Dean, you don't have to act like what you're planning to do is just business as usual. I-I know you're scared."

"Never said I wasn't scared. But it doesn't matter."

"Doesn't matter? We know we could die, uh, doing what we do. It's always a possibility. But what you're talking about is far worse than death. Michael's an archangel. He could literally keep you buried in a coffin, alive, forever."

"Okay. I get it. But what's the other option, huh? Michael gets outta my head and ends the world? 'Cause it's all right there in Billie's book." Dean walked towards the bathroom.

Kennedy shook her head. "Yeah, but that's only if we don't find another way to take Michael off the board, and there has to be another way."

"And what is that other way?" Dean wondered as Sam and Kennedy said nothing. "Exactly."

"Yeah," Sam and Kennedy muttered.

WAREHOUSE – NIGHT

A woman was tied and gagged to a table. She whimpered in fright. A man, Tony picked up a bag of salt and poured it into a vat of water, picking up a large stick and mixing the salt. He picked her up from the table and carried her towards the vat.

Tony submerged her in the water. She struggled against her restraints as she sank in. He took out a box and opened it, picking up the knife from inside. The woman rose out of the water, and the man grabbed her hands.

"Help, please! Please! No! Please! No!" the woman cried.

Tony picked up the knife and carved a symbol in her right arm. He grabbed her by her hand and dunked her head into the water. The man held her down as she struggled in the water, bleeding from her arm. She started to sink into the water and died.

Tony heard men's voices as he raised his arms and head up.

HOSPITAL ROOM – DAY

Nick woke up in a hospital bed. A police officer walked into the room, carrying a tray. "Okay, sunshine. Soup's on. And bad as the food is here? Gourmet compared to what you'll be getting in jail, so... enjoy."

The officer put the tray down on the table in front of Nick. He started to leave.

"When am I getting out of here?" Nick asked.