LXI

[A Most Holy Man]

EXT. MALTA – MONASTARY NEAR RIVER – NIGHT

INT. HOLY SISTERS OF MALTA MONASTERY – NIGHT

Three nuns exited through a door, as a man, Miele, with a torch came out from behind them. He entered a room of relics and began to admire the Skull of St. Peter that sat in a glass box. He broke the glass and took the skull, placing it inside a bag. He turned to leave, but a nun was standing behind him. He knocked her to the ground, and she laid unconscious.

Miele said in Italian, "So sorry, Mother. Please forgive me."

He left as the nun was still lying on the floor.

INT. BUNKER –KITCHEN – DAY

Sam was sitting at the kitchen table with his laptop as Dean entered and walked to the fridge.

"So?" Dean asked.

"What?" Sam questioned.

"You find anything on the Seal of Solomon?"

"Well, Kennedy and I've been digging through the lore, but so far, nothing."

"Great. So we got Cas in Syria dodging bullets, trying to find fruit from the Tree of Life. We don't know where Lucifer is, so we can't get grace from an archangel. And uh, what's the last ingredient of this spell we're never gonna find?" He sat across from Sam with a box of pizza.

Kennedy and Nadia entered and the latter climbed onto her father's lap.

"Blood of a most holy man."

"A most holy man. What – what – what does that mean?"

"No idea. I've been thinking maybe, uh, blood of a saint?"

"A saint?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, should be easy to get," Kennedy said in a sarcastic tone.

"Well, actually, uh, turns out there's a huge market for religious relics. Hair of a martyr, um, nails from the True Cross."

"Okay, okay. One, ew. Two, where is this market?" Dean asked.

"Online."

"Ah. The internet. Not just for porn anymore." He took a bite of pizza.

"What's dat?" Nadia asked.

Kennedy shot her husband a look. "Listening ears, Dean. Nadia, that's a very grown-up thing."

"Wike Daddy's duce?"

"Exactly like that."

"Anyway, a lot of this is fake, obviously, but I-I did find one dealer who seems to be legit – Margaret Astor," Sam said. "Worth a shot?"

"Yeah," Dean agreed. "Good. Why not? I don't think I can take another one of these cold pieces of Papa Giovanni's." He put the slice back and closed the box. "Babe, no sassing."