XXVIII

[The One You've Been Waiting For]

BUNKER

Dean, with Nadia on his lap, sat at the kitchen table typing away as Sam and Kennedy entered with grocery bags.

"Hey. Got everything on the list. So what are you thinkin', scrambled or fried?" Sam asked.

"I'm not really hungry right now," Dean replied.

Sam looked at him. "Y-you're not that..." Sam opened the box that contained a pie. "How about some pie?"

Dean didn't look up. "Maybe later. Kind of in the middle of something."

Sam sighed. "All right, dude, something's wrong."

"No."

Sam sighed again. "I get it. If Mom–"

Dean cut him off. "I'm gonna stop you right there, okay? Look, Mom needed her space, and I told you I'm cool with it."

"But are you really?" Kennedy asked.

Dean set down the laptop. "Happened last night."

Sam and Kennedy read the computer screen. "Killed in Mystery Fire."

"Mm-hmm," Dean hummed, checking out the pie. Nadia reached for it and Dean pulled her hand back. "Not now, munchkin."

"Mystery fire?" Sam and Kennedy repeated.

"Yeah, the kind that doesn't burn anything but the bodies."

"So spontaneous combustion." Sam clicked tongue. "What are you thinking?"

"Uh, witch? Dragon?" Kennedy guessed.

"Maybe. Check it out. The old lady? Loaded. I'm talking Scrooge McDuck swimming in pools of money. So what's a lady like that doing at some crap store at 3 a.m.?" Dean asked them.

"Well, it says it was an antique shop," Sam noted.

"So?"

"Uh, rich people like antiquing. I don't know."

"I say we check it out."

"Uh..." Sam sighed. "All right. In the meantime, you sure you don't wanna talk about–"

"No."

"Dean, it's called sublimation."

"Yeah. Yeah, it's kinda my thing," Dean replied.

Kennedy rolled her eyes and sighed. "Okay. You two go off and have a brother hunt. I'll stay here and have a Mommy/Daughter day with Nadia."

"Elsa Anna movie?" Nadia asked.

Kennedy smiled. "Sure, baby. We can do the Elsa Anna movie."

ANTIQUE SHOP

Sam and Dean approached and inspect the yellow tape that was pulled across the doors.

"Looks like we missed the calvary," Sam noted.

"I guess we should go home then," Dean said.

As they entered the shop, Sam said, "All right, I'm guessing that's the first victim." He looked at a pile of ash.

"Scrooge McDuck lady?" Dean guessed.

"Yeah. Hmm."

Dean noticed another pile. "Which makes this the antiques dealer."

"Yeah. Name was Marvin Brickle. Widower. Owned the shop for decades,."

"No sulfur."

Sam put away a silent EMF reader. "Ditto EMF."