[Advanced Thanatology]

BUNKER KITCHEN

Dean was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Kennedy was trying to get Nadia to eat her breakfast. Sam entered the kitchen.

"Hey," Sam greeted.

"Hey," Dean and Kennedy repeated.

"PB&J for breakfast? Strong work."

"Yep," Dean replied.

"You want a beer with that?"

"I'm cool?" Dean glanced at Kennedy with a frown.

"Come on, live a little. Here." He placed bottle of beer from fridge in front of Dean.

"What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" Sam paused awkwardly. "Anyway, check this out. I think I found something." He placed iPad showing police report in front of Dean and Kennedy. "Three days ago, kid named Shawn Raider was found wandering the side of the road near Grand Junction, Colorado, bleeding from the head. Best friend was missing. And get this – only word he said? "Monster.""

"Okay. Well, that sounds like something," Dean noted.

"Yeah. So I thought we'd check it out, all three of us."

"What about Jack and Nadia?" Kennedy asked.

"He's uh, he's catching up on all of my old fantasy DVDs – Red Sonja, Beastmaster, uh, Beastmaster II – you know, with the time traveling ferrets. Nadia can stay with him. He promised he'd watch them with her and Frozen."

Nadia's eyes widened. "The Elsa Anna movie?!"

"Yeah. Wow, how you ever got laid, I'll never know," Dean commented, glancing at his daughter. "Yeah, munchkin, Jack says he'll watch the Elsa Anna movie with you."

"Yeah, tell me about it. So I was thinking we'd leave Jack and Nadia behind," Sam said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. We'll put up some extra warding. He'll be fine. Nadia will be fine. I mean, when's the last time we worked a case, just the three of us?"

"It's been a while."

"Exactly. So?"

Dean and Kennedy nodded approvingly and the Impala pulled up to the curb in front of a house. Sam, Kennedy and Dean exited the car dressed in Fed threads. Sam handed Dean a badge. Kennedy pulled out her own.

"Here," Sam said.

Dean opened it and checked the name. "Agent Page? I thought you always liked to be Agent Page."

"Yeah, well, changing it up."

They knocked on the door and it was answered by Penny Raider, Shawn's mother. "May I help you?"

"Yeah, sorry to bother you ma'am." Dean said as they showed their badges. "Agents Page, Plant and Mitchell. FBI."

"We're here to follow up on the incident with your son," Sam explained.

"Well, the police have already been here. Shouldn't you talk to them?" Penny asked.

"We did, but we'd like to talk with you as well. And Shawn," Kennedy told her.

Penny shifted back and forth nervously.

"Something wrong?" Dean wondered.

"Shawn, he... won't talk. He can't," Penny said.