LXVIII

[Exodus]

APOCALYPSE WORLD - SURVIVOR COLONY

Sam, Kennedy and Lucifer had just entered the Survivor Colony. Sam and Kennedy made their way to Mary. They hugged tenderly. Dean walked toward Sam and Kennedy, who he'd thought was dead.

Dean asked tentatively, "Sam? Kennedy? What happened?"

Mary pulled away, but continued to pat at Sam and Kennedy as if to confirm for herself that they were really there. Their clothes were drenched in blood. Sam and Kennedy were ashamed, unable to meet their brother/husband's eyes as they addressed Dean.

"He, uh, he brought us back," Sam said.

Sam and Kennedy looked over their shoulders at Lucifer. The archangel looked smug and shrugged with false modesty at Jack, Castiel and Gabriel who were standing nearby.

"It's what I do," Lucifer said.

Castiel replied in anger, "It is not what you... How did you get in here?"

"VIP Pass. I'm with the band."

Everyone looked at Lucifer with distrust and displeasure.

"Come on. Shouldn't you be thanking me? I-I gave Sammy and Kendy an extra life. Besides, what with my... little bro here," he pointed at Gabriel, "being a hot mess, I figured you need me. So, I'm here to join the team."

Lucifer sidled over to where Jack was standing. "Your name is Jack."

"And yours is Lucifer," Jack noted.

Dean stalked over in anger. "No. No, no. No. You don't talk to him." He pointed at Lucifer. "And you, don't listen to him." He pointed at Jack. He turned back to Lucifer. "You better not have hurt my son or daughter."

Lucifer sounded reasonable. "Um, don't you think that's his choice? Relax. Mini Winchesters are fine."

"No," Castiel said.

Lucifer scoffed. "Are you trying to keep me from my son?"

"Well, this is Kelly Kline's son. He's nothing like you."

"Don't say he's nothing like me. I'm the only one who understands him. This power he has? I'm powerful, dangerous, ruthless. In the... best sense, though."

Jack had been silent, assessing Lucifer. Jack seemed curious but wary.

"No. Kill him," Dean deadpanned.

Dean gestured at Gabriel who looked uncomfortable and didn't act. Jack seemed a bit shocked at Dean's words.

Lucifer chuckled. "He can't. He's not strong enough."

"Dean..." Gabriel began.

Dean turned on Gabriel and said, "You've got the blade."

"Stop it," Jack told him quietly.

"He's the devil. Kill him," Dean told Jack.

Jack shouted, "Stop it!"

With the sound of wings, Jack disappeared.

Dean said sarcastically to Lucifer, "Well, great. Does that when he's scared. Way to go, Dad!"

"I'll go look for him," Gabriel decided, leaving to go look for Jack.

"I don't understand all the hostility. You... need... me. I am a walking weapon. I know this Michael. Heck, I beat him. So how 'bout a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T?" Lucifer suggested.

Castiel looked angry. He went to the bag that Dean had over his shoulder and roughly unzipped it. He pulled out warded handcuffs and went back to Lucifer. "In case your innate evil overwhelms this new found team spirit, you won't mind wearing these then, will you. You're not at full power. They should hold you."