LXXIV

[Nightmare Logic]

CLAREMORE, OKLAHOMA

EXT. CEMETERY - NIGHT

Maggie was alone, walking through the woods. She turned her flashlight on and kept walking to a cemetery. She got to a family crypt saying: RAWLING. Maggie grabbed a camera from her backpack and started recording.

Maggie spoke. "Hey, guys. Okay, so here we are in delightful Claremore, Oklahoma. According to the post, that's where it came from. I'm thinking ghoul." She chuckled. "Anyway... here we go."

Maggie grabbed a large blade and walked to the crypt's entrance. She took a nervous look around. Then, she got in.

INT. CRYPT - NIGHT

Maggie searched the crypt. She heard raspy breathing. Then, a creature attacked her. She screamed.

INT. BUNKER - DAY

Sam and Kennedy, holding Robert, were talking to a group of survivors from the Apocalypse World.

"...and details matter," Sam said. "Kennedy and I know homework sucks, but it get it down -- all of it. The more we know, the better we are, so..." Dean entered the room, followed by a hopping Nadia. Sam stood and looked at him. "Uh... Everybody good? Any questions? Okay. Let's get to work."

They started walking.

"You kids have fun out there," Dean said.

"Don't even say it."

"What? No, it's good. It's got, like, a very camp-counselor vibe to it. Just need to get you a whistle." A phone kept chiming. "What is that?"

"It's nothing. It's just..." He pulled out his phone. "Hunter check-ins."

"Check-ins?"

"Yeah," Sam and Kennedy, setting Robert down, replied.

"That's adorable."

INT. BUNKER - KITCHEN - DAY

"You two got any rest lately, like at all?" Dean asked. "I mean, look, man, babe, I know things are crazy right now, okay? I mean, hell, I just went toe-to-toe with my own personal horror-movie icon, but we all need our beauty sleep."

Kennedy ran her hands through her hair. "Dean, Sam and I have 16 Hunters on cases right now. That's not counting Jack and Cas in Sarasota or Mary and Bobby working that rugaru in Texas."

"Okay, you know that these people survived a war, right?"

"Yeah, but a war isn't Hunting. These people need, uh, lore and weapons and tips and backup, and -- Look, don't worry," Sam's phone chimed, "about me or Sam, all right? We're -- we're -- we're good."

"Baby, I'll always worry about you." He turned to his brother. "What is it?"

"One of the Hunters, uh, missed check-in," Sam replied.

"Who?"

"Maggie."

INT. BUNKER - LIBRARY - LATER