[The Big Empty]

MADISON, WISCONSIN - BAILEY'S HOUSE – NIGHT

Wes Bailey opened the door, got home. He moved to the kitchen and turned the light on. Suddenly, he heard a voice belonging to his wife, Erica Bailey.

"Hi," Erica greeted.

Wes was surprised, but not shocked. "No." Erica nodded. "How? You're... dead."

"I was. But..." she got closer to Wes, "aren't you gonna say hi back?"

"Hi."

"I missed you, Baby Bear."

Erica leaned in to kiss her husband. Instead, she stabbed him. Wes fell to the ground with a thud, dead, blood pouring everywhere. Erica left the house.

BUNKER – MORNING

Sam entered the bunker with breakfast. "Hey. How you feelin'?"

Dean was working on his laptop. Kennedy was reading a book to Nadia, as she'd wanted a story. Dean looked up at Sam, but didn't reply.

Sam looked to Kennedy for a reply and she said, "I think he's good."

"What you, uh, working on?" Sam asked.

"Dead guy in Madison. Police say it was a home invasion, but neighbor claims that she saw the Vic's dead wife leave the crime scene," Dean informed.

Sam came down the stairs. "Let's check it out."

"What, you ready to ditch Damien? What do you wanna do? Leave him in a ring of holy oil with some Netflix and a frozen pizza?" Dean asked.

Sam said sarcastically, "Ha. No. Actually... I thought we'd, uh, bring him along."

Dean scoffed. "Uh, hell, no. What, "Adventures in Babysitting" the Antichrist? No, thank you."

"Dean, we can't hide him forever. And, you know, just keeping him cooped up here isn't working," Kennedy said.

"Yeah, it is, actually. You wanna know why? Because as long as he's here, he's not out there doing God knows what. So what, does this mean that your plan for bringing Mom back isn't working? 'Cause I'll say it again — our mom's dead, Kennedy. Lucifer ripped out her freakin' heart. Now, the sooner you and Sam can wrap your heads around that, the sooner we can all move on."

Kennedy covered Nadia's ears and glared at her husband.

"So you're saying you want to move on, from Mom?" Sam asked.

The brothers stared at each other before Dean said, "Right now, I wanna kill some dead guy's dead wife."

"Dean, that isn't what this is about. Jack needs to get out. He needs to get some air. We all do. He's a good kid. He is, just... give him a chance, please. For me and Kennedy."

Sam and Kennedy knocked on Jack's door.

"Jack?" Sam asked, opening the door. "Hey."

Jack was watching 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' on his computer.

"'Clone Wars'?" Kennedy asked.

"The computer said I'd like it. I do like Ahsoka. Kinda hate Anakin," Jack replied.

"Uh... that's probably for the best. Never mind. Um, hey. You remember when Sam and I told you what Dean, Sam and I do? Our, uh, our day job?"

"You kill monsters because you're the good guys."

"Right. And we've got a case, so... we thought you might want to come along."

"No."

"Jack, I really think this would be good for you. You know, maybe a change of scenery might—" Sam was cut off.