𝟷.𝟷𝟽

.

| CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |
Together

" those light ocean
eyes, that had seemed
to hypnotize me. "

" even when talking about
the most dreadful of
times, he had ended up
making me smile. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

"Lead the way," he instructed.

I smiled and pulled myself up with his hand.

We made our way down the humongous tree and I pointed into the direction of the woods. "Right in the middle of the forest is this huge patch of black berries."

He nodded and responded, "right, then let's go."

I took out my walking stick and flicked it to extend. Killua had looked over at me in a bit of wonder.

"What all can that stick do?" He asked and I smirked.

"Well... it may look just like a normal stick; which it's far from. It can do so much," I enthused with a large smile. I had even noticed Killua smile softly to my behavior. "I can extend it like this, or form it into cool weapons. Oh! And if I really try hard enough... I can cause an earthquake."

He looked at me with shock, "what do you mean earthquake?"

"Well, if I hit the ground three times with my stick on the ground, it makes a rumble. I can only get it to do a little damage though," I sighed, "oh! But get this. Only I can use the stick and make it work."

Killua looked over at me with a smirk then snatched the stick away from me. He then pointed it right at me and yelled, "extend!"

I just stood there with a plain expression. Nothing had happened of course and Killua just grumbled before giving the stick back to me.

"I told you," I joked and he just let out a 'tsk' while I had giggled.

We continued on our way in comfortable silence for a while.

"You should name it," Killua randomly spoke with certainty.

"Name what?" I asked in utter confusion.

"The stick."

I made a face to him and then started chuckling. He looked over to me crazily before grumbling. I kept laughing some more but eventually stopped, still holding a smile though.

"S-Sorry, it's just, I don't take you as the type to name their items." I explained to him with a smile, causing him to look away with a flushed face.

"H-Huh? I don't! It's just, you keep calling it a stick, I mean it seems pretty important to you... so why not name it?" He defended himself. I just shook my head with a smile, looking back over to him.

"I'm just joking," I smirked, "but, I guess since you mentioned it, I do just call it 'stick.' Maybe I could give it a name."