𝟸.𝟷𝟷

.

| CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE |
Ren

" just what game are
you playing at?! "

" we're also pretty broke
and trying to make money at the
same time. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

"Please be my girlfriend!"

We all stood in utter shock. My breathing hitched from the insides of my throat.

My eyelids fluttered ever so barely- trying to process his words. Maybe I was far too shocked, or maybe I just didn't know how to answer. But next thing I knew, an unrecognizable sound left my just dried out throat.

"Huagueh?!" I squealed with my mouth dropped.

With perfect timing, the elevator dinged, and the lady spoke with a stutter, "h-here we are." She as well had been surprised.

The elevator opened and we all slowly made our way out. Killua and I dragged our feet like zombies.

I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact of just being asked out by someone I hadn't even known. I still couldn't fully understand what he was asking of me.

Suddenly when no one else in the hallway were in sight, Killua grabbed Zushi by his collar. His expression had completely changed from just a moment ago.

"K-Killua-" I attempted to reach out, but instead a dark aura roamed from him, causing me to gulp and back down.

"Just what game are you play at?!" Killua yelled- looking down to the younger boy.

Zushi looked about ready to pee his pants.

"I-I'm sorry, but what are you talking about?" Zushi answered nervously.

"Oh don't act so innocent! You can't just ask someone you don't even know to date you! Plus you're only like... 10!" Killua grumbled- still roughly holding onto the collar.

"Oh that's why your upset?" Zushi questioned. "What, are you two already dating?"

Gon and I watched from a distance with dull eyes. We had both mentally agreed to stay out of it.

"Well, n-no..." Killua let the boy down and taken a step back.

"Then what's the problem? Shes cute and I've decided also super nice. Of course, I didn't expect her to immediately say yes, but why not give it a shot?"

A blush rose to my cheeks. No, not like the usual one when I get flustered. Instead it was from embarrassment.

I didn't know what to say, and so I kept my mouth shut.

Killua took a few steps back- with his head hanging down low.

Zushi then looked over to Gon and I with a large smile. "I watched all your fights earlier. You guys are amazing!" He said with optimism- starting to walk down the hall.

We followed.

"What are you talking about?" Gon asked. He hadn't paid all too much attention to what just happened.

Killua finally looked up. He looked kind of sad, but then, he smiled. Its like he just put on a facade.

"You made it up here with only one match, too." Killua said.