𝟸.𝟶𝟿

.

| CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE |
Separation

" i had them participate
in a game. "

" hisoka wasn't always
so bad, y'know? "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

"It's been so long! But you both made it!" Killua enthused with bright eyes. "And wow! Your faces are a mess!"

His own face had been beaten. He held scratches and from his body language, I could tell he had a bruised body as well.

"You're one to talk," I murmured.

We all started laughing from all our beaten up faces. Our skin had already been bruised, and I still had that cut from the phase with Hisoka, but now these had just added on to it.

With normal friends I don't think this would be a laughing matter, but we were all definitely not normal friends.

"Hey, Gotoh! What happened to telling me as soon as they got here, huh?" Killua questioned the main butler. "What were you doing?"

"Please forgive me," Gotoh bowed, "I had them participate in a little game."

"A game?" Killua asked looking over at Gon and me suspiciously. He was curious as to if we had agreed to this 'game.'

"Though quite a poor one, admittedly. I'm sorry for the trouble," Gotoh apologized with a soft smile.

While everyone was smiling I had kept a blank expression. The butler had acted so differently around the people he cared about, and the ones who come in the way.

Man, this guy reminds me too much of my brother. The mood swings.

"I do hope you enjoyed yourselves," Gotoh said.

Leorio rubbed his head, unsure of what to make out of that apology. He was never one to blankly accept an apology. Then he said, "If that was a joke, then you sure fooled me."

"Wait, did they try anything?" Killua asked to both Gon and me. When he looked straight at me I gulped with wide eyes. He had an innocence and a sense of protectiveness in his stare.

"No," Gon shook his head then added, "they were just keeping us all entertained."

"Hmm, is that right, Y/N?" Killua asked me.

I nodded my head urgently. For some reason lying felt so wrong to him, and even though this was harmless... I don't think I ever want to do it again.

"Really? Well, okay," Killua concluded, "let's go someplace else. Like anywhere at all." Then he grumbled, "if we stay here, my mom will chew all of us out."

"Hm!" Gon and I nodded with a total understanding.

His mom did seem a bit persistent.

"Hey, Gotoh. Listen," Killua said in a serious tone, meanwhile Gon and me were picking up our bags. "No matter what Mom said, don't follow me."

"Understood, sir. Please take care."

"Y/N, Gon. Let's go," Killua instructed and started walking away, before adding, "bye."

Leorio and Kurapika followed Killua out the door, but Gon and I stayed back for a second. Things had to be said between us and this Hisoka wannabe.