𝟸.𝟶𝟺

.

| CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX |
Dog

" i took a breath in awe,
not surprised that killua
could do it so easily. "

" are you sure you should just
bring the man eating,
extra-large monster to us? "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

"There are seven doors in all. And keep in mind that each set is twice as heavy as the set of doors before it."

"Twice?!" Leorio yelled.

"The more force you put into it, the more doors you open. Gotta be strong to get through all of them. Incidentally, when young Master Killua returned to the estate, he opened three of them, just like that."

I took a breath in awe, not surprised that Killua could do it so easily. The older man looked at me for a second before turning away.

"Three? That's like... 12 tons!" Gon remarked.

"It's 16 tons, Gon," Kurapika corrected.

Gon laughed nervously from his bad math, causing me to laugh along.

I wasn't much better at math.

"Starting to get it now?" The Gaurd asked, "this is what it takes just to get through the door. They live in a completely different world."

"I don't like that. May I borrow the key?" Gon asked with full seriousness, causing me to once again barely keep in my laughter. "I didn't come all this way to be tested. I came so I could see my friend. Think of me as an intruder. So please, let me borrow the key, and I'll go in there through the intruder's door."

"Gon!" Leorio urged.

"Lend it to us, or don't, but we're getting in," Gon made known.

"Climbing the wall could also be a possibility," I added once again.

"Don't be stupid, you two! Didn't you see that terrifying monster? Its forearm was bigger than both of you put together!" Leorio commented.

"I told you, I don't like this!" Gon spoke, raising his voice, "why test your friends? It's crazy! There's no way I'm ever going through that door."

"You're right, but if you think you can force your way in, think again," the guard interjected, "it's absolutely impossible. Mike will definitely kill you."

"Don't you get it? We just want to see Killua," I said fiercely. I didn't want to sound mean, but I had to get the point across.

"I have to agree with you," Kurapika said to Gon and me. "But we have the time, so let's find a way to use the first door."

Gon stuck his hand out for the guard to either shake or deny our offer. I stood next to Gon firmly.

If he chose to deny, I'd be putting my climbing gear on.

"Those two won't change their minds when they're like this," Leorio whispered to Kurapika.

I held in a remark from Leorio's loud whispering.

"Yeah, you're right," Kurapika agreed.

The guard sighed then answered, "I'm sorry to say this, but I can't let you have the key. I won't feed young Master Killua's friends to Mike. I don't have it in me to do that. But would you wait here a minute, please?"