𝟷.𝟸𝟷

.

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |
Fight

" just give up already
and spare yourself the trouble. "

" and all i could think about...
we're those honey eyes. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

"Well Gentlemen," The Chairman says before looking over to me, "and lady. Everyone rested up?"

No one responded and so he smiled before continuing, "good. Now then. The Hunter Exam Committee runs this hotel. So, I want all of you to make yourselves at home until the battles have concluded."

A sign that looked to be a white board rolled out with a white sheet overtop, stopping from what was behind to be seen.

Right now we were all in a huge normal yet empty looking room. We were all in a horizontal line and I was in between Killua and Leorio.

"For the Final Phase of the Hunter Exam you'll be competing in a one on one tournament," The Chairman explained making my heart skip a beat.

What if I had to go up against one of my friends?

"Hold on a second," Leorio grunted, "so only the last person standing passes?"

"No."

"You only need one win to pass this phase," Mr. Netero concluded.

I looked to him crazily. Only one win?

Then I won't even have to end up going against my friends if I win the first one.

"Just one?" Gon asked speaking for all of us.

"See, it's the winners who will drop away and the losers who will advance to the next round. Which means..." he points to the highest racket on the branch, "the person who finishes at the top will not pass."

I get it now. So basically, I cant win, but I also can't lose. Yeah, that makes sense.

"Make sense to everyone?" He asked.

"You're saying that only one person will fail the Exam," the bald man said.

"Exactly. Here are the brackets."

Mr. Netero pulled the sheet off, revealing a branch of people going head to head. A few gasps roamed the air, including mine.

For a moment I couldn't find who I'd be up against. But then I seen it.

I was going against the old man.

The air in the room seemed to thicken when I seen who everyone was up against as well.

Luckily, none of our little friend group were going up against each other in the first round. But... of course there were still some obstacles.

Kurapika was against Hisoka.

My breath caught in between my throat once seeing that. Hisoka would kill him.